Thursday, March 28, 2013

From the Mouths of Babes, Vol. 10

Yea, another fun edition!  I feel like there's a lot of material from Jax this time around.  He's such a character!!  Enjoy...

1. (Dec.) Brody had a rough day at preschool with listening and paying attention.  He told Ms. Beth, "It is Christmastime, so maybe you can tell Daddy I had a good day."
2. (Dec.) Instead of saying "last night," Emersyn has been saying "yesternight."  It's too adorable to correct just yet. :)
3. (Dec.) Jaxson sang, "1,2 buckle my stinky shoe."
4. (Jan.) Emersyn received a camera for Christmas, and all the kids love to walk around and take pictures of the most random things.  I was folding clothes one day, and Brody wanted to take a picture of me.  I held up a pair of his underoos and said, "Cheeeeese!" He looked at the screen to see how it turned out and said, "Oh my gosh, Mommy, I should delete that."
5. (Jan.) Jaxson was wearing his baseball glove and running around the house like his usual crazy self.  He ran up to me, opened the glove on my leg and said, "Caught ya!!!"  I thought it was so cute and funny, I immediately scooped him up, gave him a hug, and told him how much I loved him.
6. (Feb.) I was explaining to Brody that I was going out to dinner and a movie with some girlfriends, so Daddy would be home from work at dinnertime.  B: Can I come? Me: No, it's just for us girls. B: Wellll...that doesn't really sound good without us.
7. (Feb.) The kids like to have little performances/talent shows.  They take turns performing--usually singing or dancing.  When it was Jax's turn, he walked up with a guitar and started his performance by saying, "Babies and gentlemen..."  LOL.
8. (Mar.) Jax had surgery to repair a hydrocele and hernia.  He was being so adorably silly while getting prepped.  I told the nurse that he had two brothers and a twin sister.  She said, "Ohhh, you have a twin sister?  What's her name?"  Jax replied, "Her name is Emersyn Elizabeth, and she goes to time-out every day!!!"
9. (Mar.) Later that evening, the three older kids were relaxing in our bed after bathtime.  Kris and I were finishing up getting Jayce ready for bed (brushing his teeth in the bathroom) when we heard Brody say, "Jax, I'm proud of you for being so brave when you were gettin' your surgery."  My heart...it hurt so good just then.
10. (Mar.) The kids all wore ear plugs during the Monster Jam show because it gets really loud!  On the drive home Jaxson asked us, "Where are my Monster Jam earrings???"
11. (Mar.) Jax was in and out of the bathroom while I was getting ready for work one morning.  There were two cans of hairspray on the counter because I hadn't put them away from grocery shopping.  Jax asked, "Mommy! Why do you have two cans of hairspray?!  That is ridicly-ous!!"
12. (Mar.) Jayce likes to climb up onto the train table (among other things).  One day I said to him, "What are you doing up there, child??  Brody then asked me, "What are you doing, adult??"

2 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

All so cute and funny but my favs are #1, 7,8 and 12. Buncha comedians in your house!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I'm laughing hysterically! I love this whole list of funnies!! They're all so good! Hahahahaha!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...