Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mini-Shoot & Update

I took advantage of some awake and non-fussy time to snap a few pictures of our two-week-old! You may or may not notice that Jayce's eyes are yucky and swollen. He's got two clogged ducts, and there's nothing to do for them except wipe them down occasionally and hope they clear up soon!
10/6/2011

10/6/2011

I guess I caught him by surprise here. :)
10/6/2011

10/6/2011

10/6/2011

10/6/2011

He looks enormous in this one!
10/6/2011
Jayce was 9 pounds exactly at his weight check the other day. The doctor had wanted to see him back at two weeks to make sure he had regained his birth weight, and he has done so (plus a few ounces).

He is proving to be quite the fussy little man! It has been difficult to get him to go back to sleep at night after I change his diaper and feed him. With our other three kids, I would follow the same routine: change diaper, feed, burp, lay back down--and they were usually already asleep when they went back down. Well, Jayce wakes right back up! So that we both get some sleep, he actually spends the majority of the night sleeping on my chest because I feel this is way too young for him to be "crying it out." Plus, I'm not good at following through with that method anyways! :)

At this point, he's not a huge fan of either our swing or taking a pacifier. Neither one seems to be able to soothe him. Hmm...these both worked like charms with his older siblings!! He's just gotta be different, I guess.

He loves being held and snuggled close, and he wants to eat all the time. I actually am not too exhausted at all, but I also don't have work to worry about right now. I am just so thankful for this time to be at home with all four of my kiddos, and I know I'll be heartbroken when it's time for me to return to work.

4 comments:

tnbink said...

I just love it! Soak up every minute of those late nights and chest sleepings, I know you well enough to know you are going to miss it. You are to say the least...supermom in my book. Why is it that I don't remember allll that hair with the other 3?! It seriously just cracks me up and I love it!

Casey Rethman said...

PRECIOUS!!!!!! Well, don't stress about work now! We miss you tons but you need to focus on your sweet family. Jayce is so sweet and just planning to make his presence known! The baby of most families is that way! :)

Becky said...

I love all of that hair!!! Enjoy your time with your family. :)

Melissa said...

He is SO adorable! And there is no better way to sleep than with a little baby on your chest! :) And Cora was getting up through the night(she'd eat and go right back to sleep) far more frequently than she should have.. the dr said she probably just wanted alone time with me, ha! Thankfully she's finally only waking up once or twice now! I think once she stops doing it, I'll miss our one on one time in the quiet of the night, but boy does it wear ya out sometimes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...