Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jayce Ryan is one month old!

I don't know what's more depressing: the fact that the first month of our little guy's life went by so quickly or that the next time I write a monthly update, I'll be working again! No, no, no!! I don't want to leave this cute face (or the other three for that matter)!
10/15/2011

10/15/2011
Have I mentioned yet that he looks so much like Brody did as a baby?! :)

This little wrap has come in handy the past couple weeks since almost every time I put Jayce down, he cries! This allows me to keep both hands free while still satisfying his need to be snuggled up close to me. Snug as a bug!
Photobucket

At his one-month wellness visit, Jayce weighed in at 10 lbs. 13 oz (Holy cow! He gained 1 lb. and 13 oz in just two weeks!). His length was 22 1/2 inches long. This puts him at the 75th percentile for both weight and height. The pediatrician jokingly said, "Is this his 4-month check-up?!" I said he's the baby of the family, so he has to be the biggest.

The doctor also decided to try and see if a little reflux medication would bring about any changes in Jayce. He is currently a fussy little guy, spits up a lot, seems uncomfortable frequently, and will not sleep lying down on his back. Unless he is eating, he still is spending most of the night sleeping upright against my chest. Yes, I'm tired, but I feel really bad for him. We just love him to pieces and want him to enjoy his babyhood, LOL.

In the past week or so, Jayce has started becoming much more alert, and he is even cooing and smiling at us. His hair has lightened up considerably since birth. One of his tear ducts has cleared up, and the other is still looking pretty gross and needs wiped often. (He hates this.) His favorite thing to do is...EAT! His least favorite thing is probably getting a bath.

One month old!! Pardon the spit-up.
10/20/2011

Here's a few with perhaps Jayce's biggest fan. Though they all love him, Jaxson is always asking to see and hold Baby Jayce.
10/17/2011

10/17/2011

10/20/2011
It sure doesn't seem like a month has passed already since we first met our little "Baby Surprise." :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. So cute, I could just eat him up. Love the pic of Jax in his shades giving Jayce a kiss.

His behavior sounds a lot like Sophie when she was that age. And the huge weight gain too! ;) I think they just have some maturing to do with their nursing & digestion skills at that age because they are so excited and vigorous with feedings and end up swallowing a bunch of air and perhaps eating more than they intend to. Soph had a hard time sleeping on her back too and seemed to have such a bubbly belly at night. The fussiness will get better (promise!) and that Moby (?) wrap is THE BEST THING EVER for newborns!

You are doing an awesome job as usual, Kelly. Happy One Month, baby Jayce!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...