Thursday, March 31, 2011

Party of Five...and Then a Surprise.

Written on 1/20/11:

Dearest Little Surprise,

They say you are about the size of a poppy seed right now. So how can it be that the dreams we have for you and the happiness we already feel for you are larger than anyone could ever imagine? Yes, it's true that you are an unexpected blessing. (Who doesn't love surprises?!) And it took about an hour or two of sheer disbelief and shock to wear off tonight, but when that subsided, we were left with smiles and an amazing sense that you were simply meant to be. You are meant to be a part of us, and I can't believe we have to wait eight months to see your beauty. I must prepare you...you have THREE big siblings who are going to love on you and adore you. You will be the baby of our family. You will complete us like only you could do. So excited to "see" you in a few more weeks!

Love, Mommy, Daddy, and big siblings Brody, Emersyn, and Jaxson
1/20/2011
Yes. Yes! We're havin' a baby! Baby #4. This is still all very unreal to me. You see, we tried for months and months and then resorted to fertility treatments to conceive Brody and the twins. You can't even understand how strange it is to think back to the past, when at one point I truly believed I would never have a child, and then fast-forward to the present...getting pregnant all on our own, without even planning it. Without getting too personal, I noticed a big change with my body a few months before getting pregnant. I attributed it to hormonal issues since I was still nursing the twins. I wondered in the way back of my mind if this could mean anything different about my fertility, but that's where it stayed--way back in my mind!

I remember having a rough start the morning of January 20th. I had been unusually exhausted for days, and I sent Kris a text while at school telling him I didn't know what was going on, but I kept experiencing waves of horrible nausea. I stopped at Meijer after school to grab a pregnancy test (might as well rule it out) and promptly used it after walking in the door when I got home. That first line always shows up right away, so I kept staring at it...and sloooowly a very faint second line appeared. I did not know what was going on! It was craziness! And it still is!!

Hello, 12-week belly. Hello, 14-week belly.
Photobucket
So, apparently you grow 3x as fast the third time around?! (Right? RIGHT?!?!) I think every body part has doubled in size already. Yikes! It simply couldn't have anything to do with all those girl scout cookies and chocolate and such I consumed last month. :) I kept this news mostly to myself for a long time. I wanted to see for my own eyes (via ultrasound) that there really was a little person in there. I just had my very first OB appointment last Tuesday, when I was a little over 13 weeks. (I am now almost 15 weeks.) In my previous pregnancies, I had had at least 3-4 ultrasounds at this point. It was very strange and unnerving to wait that long, but I guess this is how "normal" people do it. :) I won't lie, I was praying for just one baby as my doctor began the ultrasound!
Photobucket
And I got my wish! Cute baby, eh? Did you know I have always, for as long as I can remember, wanted to have four children? I just never expected I would have them all over the course of four years, but we are feeling incredibly blessed at this moment. Due date? Kris's birthday: September 24th.

9 comments:

tnbink said...

I am a sobbing mess. That's the first time I have seen that ultrasound and wow I'm overwhelmed with happiness for you. Have to make this blog official, like I said before...there is no one, and I mean NO ONE in this world that is better suited to have 10 children then you. You are an amazing woman and there is a reason you were chosen to be the mommy to these beautiful children. and my guess is a girl...just sayin

Amy said...

SO SO SO SO SO SO SO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susie said...

Incredibly happy for you and your family!! Congratulations :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Oh wow! What a perfectly awesome surprise! And a birthday surprise at that, huh? :) That is wonderful news and I am so happy and excited for you and your adorable family. Like the first person said, you are a truly amazing person and mother and you have FOUR very lucky little people to call you "mom". Congratulations and God bless!

Casey Rethman said...

Beyond words excited for you! Everyone before me has said everything I'm thinking. These 4 little amazing kids are so lucky to call you Mommy! You and Kris are AWESOME parents! I feel so blessed to have such an amazing friend in my life that I can learn so much from. Congratulations!!!!!

P.S. I'm with Tracy - it's a girl!!!!

Grandma Sharon said...

Ditto to all the above. I am so proud that you are my daughter, one of my FOUR very special blessings!! Love you all! Mom

Kendra said...

Sooooooo incredibly happy for the Garman family!! Amazing surprises like these are what life's all about!! YAY!!!!! You and Kris are remarkable parents. Brody is an tremendous big sibling, and no doubt Emmy and Jax will follow in his footsteps. I am so excited for you all and look forward to meeting baby #4! Love you guys!!

Paintedpaper said...

Amazing!!! You are such a special person that special things just happen! I am so happy for you and your whole family! God bless this little angel!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...