Monday, July 18, 2011

30 Weeks!

Here's the thing about being 30 weeks pregnant...it sounds so far along, but there's still so far to go!!

28 weeks, 30 weeks.
Photobucket

This past Saturday the 16th, I reached 30 weeks! I still say that this is the fastest pregnancy in history, and I really don't have too many complaints. Some days I wake up and right away feel exhausted, while other days I feel pretty energetic still. A few months ago I wondered how in the world I'd keep up with my kids all summer long. Now it's nearing the end of July, and I'm still hangin' with 'em! :)

Oh! Oh!! For the first time in three pregnancies, I passed my one-hour glucose screening! So what if I had to repeat the test because the nurse at the lab gave me the wrong drink the first time?! I passed--woo hoo!

Let's see...pregnancy cravings. Sweets. Who am I kidding? I've craved sweets my whole life, so that's really not a pregnancy thing. Hot dogs! I'm really not normally a huge hot dog fan. I think they have their time and place--summer barbeques; around the campfire; on a stick, battered, and deep-fried at the fair; etc.--but never has the thought of a warm, roasted hot dog topped simply with ketchup and snuggly placed inside of a soft bun made my mouth water. Until now, that is! Mmmmmm. And then there's cereal. Any kind, really. I think that's it. I really need to increase my water intake. I know I'm not drinking nearly enough!

Appointments are now every two weeks. At my last appointment, the nurse said my belly was measuring right on track, which surprised the heck outta me because I think it's enormous! Heart rate was in the 140s this time, and I've checked it a couple times at home with our little doppler-thingy, and it's usually in the 150s. I still predict BOY!

I remember being about this far along with the twins and starting to really stress about how all this would affect Brody. I'm not so much concerned with how he'll handle the change of bringing a new baby home this time. He's older, he'll be going to preschool three mornings a week and doing different types of things that will be exciting for him, and I just don't anticipate him having much of an issue. The twins are a different story. Jaxson has always been a Momma's Boy, and since being home for the summer, Emersyn has become very clingy to me as well at times.

I am also starting to get excited about the time I will be on maternity leave. October is my favorite month, and I am looking forward to getting out of the house with our crazy family of six and having some fall fun! Some might say that sounds pretty impossible, but we WILL make it work!

That's it for now...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you will. You will be managing six better than others manage four. :)

Congrats on passing the 1hr! I always failed that too.

And I think all moms worry most about how the current "baby" will respond to sharing mommy's attention. Emmy & Jax will be able to lean on each other for attention/entertainment while you're busy and Brody is off to school, no? Hopefully?

You look great, btw.

Does Sunday afternoon still work for you? Case said we could meet at her house and Emmy & Jax could hang there while we take Brody and Will down to the farm if you'd like.

Casey Rethman said...

You are freakin' amazing! I stress so much trying to get my 2 out of the house and you are going to do it with 4! Way to go, Mama!

You look awesome and not "huge" at all! I still say girl although the heart rate (if that is even a legit way to guess the sex) says boy.

tnbink said...

And once again, you manage to bring tears to my eyes. I'm just so happy for you! There are some people in this world that just deserve the best...and that is definitely you...glad you have it!

Becky said...

I agree with the others--you look fabulous! You amaze me with how much you do as a family! And..I agree with Casey--I think it is a girl! :)

Kendra said...

YAY!!! You passed your one-hour glucose screening! That's awesome! Glad you're feeling good, you're looking it too!

P.S. For some reason I got the Tommy Boy visual...you know the one where he looks to see what grade he scored on his final. He finds a D- next to his name and he starts freaking out. "I passed!! I passed!" Does cartwheels and then hugs the petite Asian guy next to him and after realizing he's in a warm embrance with a stranger says "I wished we'd known each other. this was a little akward." :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...