Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Cedarlane Weekend

I think baking a big batch of cookies the night before a camping trip is going to be a tradition. Well, that and making sure they all get eaten over the course of a weekend. :)
7/14/2011

My eager little helper last Thursday evening...
Photobucket

This is so funny! I totally feel like doing this too, especially when something sweet's in there.
7/14/2011

Cedarlane RV Park is located on Catawba Island. We first started camping here when I was pregnant with Brody. My, how times have changed! "Back then," Kris and I slept in, spent half the day lying in the sun and swimming in the adults-only pool, and enjoyed several hours around the campfire each night. Now we have a packed camper, spend most our time in the baby pool, are careful not to disrupt nap and mealtimes too much, and instead of enjoying an evening around the fire with my husband/friends, I get to lie beside a squirrly almost-4-year-old until midnight--begging, pleading, (okay...maybe cursing in my mind) for him to fall asleep!!!

I hardly remember those days of 'ol. Ha ha.

The majority of our pictures are from swimming because that's what we spent most of our time doing! We arrived Friday, and this is a picture of the kids eating lunch while Kris was outside getting things set up.
Photobucket

After naps, we headed to the baby pool. It starts at zero depth and gradually increases to 18 inches. There's a little fountain in the middle that rains down water.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then Brody and Kris spent some time in the family pool while the twins and I watched.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday late morning, my sis, Drew, and Maeteo came to visit and swim with us.
Photobucket

Photobucket

These pics are from the area called the "spray playground" or something like that. Lots of fun little fountains to splash through!
Photobucket

Hahahahahahaha!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tracy and Brody being brave under the buckets!
Photobucket

One of my faves from the weekend! I just really like the angle.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Watching some kids play hoops on the playground!
Photobucket

I love Brody's hands in this first pic on the left! You could step on and cover some fountains, and it would make other ones spray farther. What fun!
Photobucket

Uncle Drew and Emmy
Photobucket

Photobucket

There's a picture in this post of the twins in these same swings last summer. They were tiny!
Photobucket

Naptime Saturday:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Back for more pool fun before dinner on Saturday!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunday morning:
Photobucket

Photobucket

We were right there when the pools opened at 10 am! I know there's little difference in these next two of Brody, but I just love them so much. There's nothing like catching a real, genuine smile.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We kept forgetting our pool toys but finally remembered them this morning!
Photobucket

Awwwwwwww!!!!!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, this pic is my favorite! I just think everything looks perfect: the right lighting, focus is on Jax, and the background is slightly muted. I get so annoyed when I take a pic like this, and then I have trouble duplicating these settings. I really need to take a photography class or something!!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He was standing at this fountain in such a way that it looked like he was peeing, but I don't think it came across that way in the picture! Funny anyways!!
Photobucket

After naps Sunday we headed back to the pools yet again, but the camera didn't come out that time. And I've only posted a small fraction of pictures I actually took. :)
Photobucket

Our July 4th camping trip was just our family, but this time we were beside two of Kris's buddies--one a state trooper, the other a Lake Township officer--and their families. This last pic is Lizzie, Emily, and Brody hanging out Sunday evening.
Photobucket
I was definitely ready to get home on Monday, but I am happy the kids enjoyed so much fun in the sun!

3 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

I want to take a photography class too! Let me know if you sign up for one! However, you seem to have it down. Your pics are fab! Looks like a lot of fun!

Becky said...

I love the picture of Jax sleeping at naptime on Saturday. Isn't it funny how little ones position their bodies when sleeping! I also really liked the black and white photo of Emmy toward the end. Very cute! :)

Kendra said...

Super fun!!

Brody cracks me up in the cookie dough picture. He's either using all of his strength to stir, or all of his strength to be patient for the cookies to bake without eating a heaping spoonful of raw dough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...