Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Day of a Million Meltdowns

You probably think I'm overexaggerating, but I assure you, there really were a million of them today! It's like they were all bitten by some mysterious bug, causing their true personalities to be overshadowed, replaced by crying (lots of it), kicking, flailing, "No!" being repeated defiantly, refusing to eat, multiple trips to time-out.

I think I'm going to be repeating this in my sleep tonight: "(Insert name), you're in time-out for (insert infraction). Tell me you're sorry."

So, it was decided that we needed to leave the house for the safety of everyone involved (ha ha). We fed them dinner, packed a bag, got everyone buckled in...and then picked our destination.

Don't let the following smiles and adorable faces fool you...they are trouble. :)
7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

We headed to a park in my hometown, and actually it's been so long I wasn't even sure there'd be any playground equipment (there was), but I did know it was a change of scenery, and there would definitely be plenty of room to run wild.
7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

(There's a river behind those trees.)
7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

Can you see the fear on his face?!
Photobucket

7/28/2011

I ended up with tons of pictures of Jaxson because I was chasing him around while Kris was swinging Emmy and Brody.
7/28/2011

7/28/2011

This was sooooooo precious! He ran up to these ladies as they were walking toward us, waving his little hand and repeating, "Hi! Hi!" Then he turned around and started walking with them...until they left him in their dust. Then he called out, "Wait!" Ha ha!
7/28/2011

Yummy lighting for these next pics. I think I've found my favorite time of day to take pictures.
7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

Time to sit down for a water break!
7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011

7/28/2011
It was after 8pm when we left, and we still had to give them baths when we got home, but they all fell fast asleep. Ahhhhhh...and now Kris and I get to enjoy peace, quiet, and ice cream.

Maybe it wasn't such a bad day after all. :)

1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

Sorry I just can't believe those sweet, beautiful little children can cause you any issues! I also love that in a frantic dash out the door to get some peace you remembered to bring your camera! LOL Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...