Sunday, March 20, 2011

Literacy in the Park

This weekend BGSU held their "Literacy in the Park" event at the union. Kris actually saw the ad in the paper and said we should go because the author of all the Biscuit books was going to be there. We LOVE Biscuit!!

Freddie and Frieda Falcon greeted us as we got off the elevator. Brody was hysterical and was even dancing with Frieda.
3/19/2011

Photobucket

3/19/2011

3/19/2011

3/19/2011

The event had many interactive booths, such as reading games, a place to purchase books, making puppets, a photo booth, and an author signing. We just bought some more Biscuit books and got Brody's picture taken with him.
3/19/2011

I didn't get this on camera, but after snapping this picture he gave Biscuit a huge, long embrace and a kiss on the nose. So adorable!
3/19/2011

Then we sat down for a quick snack (and coloring), hoping to prevent any meltdowns during the next part.
3/19/2011

3/19/2011

3/19/2011

Photobucket

And then the part I was looking the most forward to...hearing Alyssa Capucilli speak and read some Biscuit books.
3/19/2011

Brody and I sat in the second row. He wasn't much into sitting still the whole time, and after he took his shoe off and threw it across the floor, I figured that was our cue to leave. He really did pay attention though when she was reading a story. It was displayed on the huge screen behind her.
3/19/2011

3/19/2011

I thought this was interesting...the paperback books are printed on one single sheet of paper, which is then magically folded and transformed into a book.
3/19/2011
I was so glad we went, and I left feeling inspired after listening to Alyssa speak because being a children's author is something I've always just dreamed about. I keep my ideas floating around in my head, and that's where they stay. Maybe in my free time (HA!) I should actually start taking notes and trying to really move forward with this. Maybe.

3 comments:

Casey Rethman said...

Me too, Kel!!! I've always wanted to be an a children's book author. Should be right up our alley!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day!

Kendra said...

Fun! Love Brody's interactions with the the Falcons! From the looks of the cute new banner pic, the kids would be more than eager to illustrate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...