1. (June) At Emersyn's dance recital, all the older girls came out together for the opening number. Jax turned to me with big, bright eyes and said, "That is A LOT of girls." It was so funny…one of those 'had to be there' moments!
2. (June) After multiple times getting into trouble for saying "killed" or "so and so is going to kill me" while playing with toy guns/light sabers/etc. and me telling them how awful that sounds, Jax comes up with…"Jayce is trying to…get me to heaven."
3. (June) I asked Jax if he knew why his middle name is Thomas (after my dad). He said, "So when I get in trouble you can say, 'Jaxson Thomas!!!!!!!' "
4. (July) Jayce's nickname for Brody lately…Bodo (pronounced "bo-dough"). He has also been saying "pop-stick-le" for popsicle and "stripe" for the pop, Sprite. These are just too adorable to correct!
5. (Aug.) Jayce was in my bathroom watching me get ready to go somewhere. He wanted my make-up bag, and I told him, "You can't wear make-up, it's for girls. Are you a girl??" He replied, "Noooooo, I'm a Jaycer!!" :) :)
6. (Aug.) On a recent car ride, the kids were chatting about what they wanted to be when they grow up. Jaxson said, "I'm gonna be three things: a police officer, a teacher, and a corn picker."
7. (Aug.) One night while I lay in his bed, Brody and I were having a heartfelt conversation about growing up and how it is hard for a lot of parents to accept the fact that their children are growing up so fast. I asked him, "Do you want to grow up and get married and have kids some day?" He replied, "No. I want a car though."
8. (Sept.) The twins were trying to do handstands in the living room. After an unsuccessful attempt by Jaxson, Emersyn tells him, "Some people got it...but not you."
9. (Oct.) Jayce pointing at my stomach: "I wanna go back in there…in your belly." When I asked him why he said, "I liked it in there."
10. (Oct.) First thing I hear from my Jaycer one morning: "Mommy, I love you so so much, and I'm always gonna be your baby." He tells me this a lot actually. So sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love all of these! A couple almost made me spit out my coffee they were so cute! :) Getting back to my seriously behind blog tonight!!!! This kind of stuff is too good to not document! In Florida Cora kept telling us she saw "monkey food" while we were driving... it took us awhile to figure out, but she was talking about coconuts in the trees! ;)
Post a Comment