There was a circus in town this weekend! (Under a huge tent in the mall parking lot.) We found out about it last minute, and after a quick discussion we decided I'd take Brody and Kris would stay home to nap with the babies since he had to work later. Then I started thinking...Oh my gosh, it's a circus. Peanuts!! There's going to be peanuts everywhere! Peanuts on the ground, peanuts on the seats, people throwing peanuts at us, peanuts falling like rain... (LOL, I'm a paranoid freak, right?!) Kris drove to purchase our tickets beforehand and asked about the presence of peanuts. They sold them, but they weren't dispersed everywhere like I was imagining in my mind. :) Here we are before heading out the door:

OMG. It was flippin' hot under that tent! We were both sweating, and I was so thankful we didn't all try to come because the babies would have been miserable. Brody was great considering the heat and the fact that this took place during his naptime. He sat on my lap and watched, we shared a snowcone, and then we took off during intermission. He was starting to get really tired, and I could tell he'd had enough.
There were some exciting parts, but I thought it was pretty boring overall. I was hoping that Brody would see more of the animals. Granted we weren't there for the second half, but they just paraded around quick before the intermission. Bummer.
There were elephant and camel rides, but Brody had no interest. He just wanted to watch.
And back at home later, after much practice he finally was able to blow up a balloon (very small, but he did it!). He was so proud of himself and kept cracking up as the air rushed back out into his face.
One more thing...when asked what kind of animals he saw at the circus, Brody says, "Elephants, llama llama, and one-hump poop." (Followed by massive giggling and snorting.) Hmm, where did he get that from?? Click here.

No comments:
Post a Comment