Hopefully no one reading my blog is easily offended...if so, stop reading now!
I completely forgot that this book has been sitting on Brody's bookshelf just waiting to be introduced. And what better time than during potty training? I believe Kris heard about this book from people he works with. That's right, ladies and gentlemen...in addition to drinking coffee and eating donuts, I guess they sit around talking about poop. (Just kidding, Kris) So Kris got on Ebay and won this book. I must say, a year ago I wasn't all that impressed and thought it was rather silly. I mean, really?? Everyone poops??? This bit of trivia I know, but do we really need a book about it?!?!
Well now that my life pretty much revolves around poop (big LOL), I have a newfound appreciation for this book. Not only is it hilarious to read out loud, I believe it really is beneficial for little tots in training. Many toddlers are well into the training process before they actually poo in the potty because they are very "territorial," in a way, about their own poo. This book matter-of-factly explains that every human and animal poops! I LOVE IT!
Yesterday I read the book to Brody before naptime, and we both got a big kick out of it. Last night was a bit more stressful and crazier than normal due to Kris working, crabby babies, and trying to iron-out a new bedtime routine and schedule for all the kids. When I crawled into bed with Brody to read him his bedtime stories, I was exhausted and about ready to crash. We read this book again, and as soon as I finished Brody's favorite part...
...he just busted out giggling and laughing like I've never heard! We just kept looking at each other and cracking up--so much so that I had tears coming out of my eyes. He would laugh harder, and then I would laugh harder, and on and on! It was just what I needed...laughter IS the best medicine!
Brody has pooed in the potty. The first time he did it, I became so excited that I think I scared him for a second. He wasn't quite sure if he was in trouble or if he did something wonderful, oops! Check back in a week or so for a potty training update and to see Brody's Potty Tree that I am working on.
Hope you enjoyed this poopy post.

1 comment:
again...you seriously make me laugh out loud reading your stories. poo...what a great topic :)
Post a Comment