Friday, November 13, 2009

Big Boy Bed

Last night was Brody's first night in his new bedroom, as well as his first experience sleeping in a "big boy" bed. His room has actually been ready for quite some time. We bought the bed, dresser, and nightstand at Furniture Row over the summer. Kris also painted the walls this summer, and the bedding came from Kohl's. I guess the sheets have a safari theme to them, but the room as a whole really has no theme. The only thing we have yet to purchase would be some room darkening shades...seriously bright in there during the day!

I was anticipating that this transition would be a difficult one, so that is why we did not do this at the exhausting end of my pregnancy or during the past two months when the babies were not sleeping at night as well as they are now.

First, here's a couple pictures of Brody's new room:




Here he is after a nice, warm bath and a good teeth-brushin' :) *Note: He does use his Nukkies for sleeping only! Not fighting that battle again just yet. Also, the doggie blankie is a MUST for naps and bedtime.


Ahhh, story time and then on with a peaceful night's sleep, right?

WRONG! I just knew this was going to be a tough one. From about 8:30ish to just after midnight, Brody had to be placed back in bed about a million times. Kris took the first shift because I had to bathe, feed, and put the twins to bed. After that I sat in Brody's room facing the door, and each time he hopped out of bed I picked him up and put him right back in. No smiles, no talking, nothing. Then I would sit back down. This happened over and over and over again. After about an hour and a half, he just sat in bed crying--likely because he was so exhausted. I knew then that I was going to outlast him (LOL) and already started feeling quite accomplished! But, boy oh boy, was this another lesson in patience. I really was sitting on that hard floor praying to God to give me the patience I needed to get through this! He woke up a couple times in the middle of the night and then was up for good at 6:30.

Naptime today was slightly better...about 1.5 hours of getting up and being put back into bed. I knew he was exhausted after an inadequate night's sleep, so when he fell asleep he was out cold for a couple hours. Yea! Look how cute he was:

I think it's funny that he's at the foot of the bed and doesn't even care! Kris is off the next two nights, but it'll be interesting to see how I will handle all this by myself when he does have to work!

1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

You should check out my sister's blog. Will did/does the same thing. He never sleeps in the bed the right way. He is sprawled all over the place or with his face in a book LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...