Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Special Day

Quite a big day today for the babies! Emersyn Elizabeth and Jaxson Thomas were baptized by Father Herb Weber at Blessed John XXIII. The service began at 11:30. It was not during a mass, and Kris and I both loved it that way and felt it was more personal. Everyone in our family who came was able to be up close to watch the babies get baptized. Emmy and Jax were wonderful and didn't even cry when the water was poured over their heads.

Father Herb and Emmy


Father Herb and Jax


Emersyn's Godparents - Aunt Tracy & Uncle Drew


Jaxson's Godparents - Uncle Scott and "Aunt" Kendi

Kendra is my really great friend who now lives in Connecticut and works for ESPN. She was home for the holiday, and I am so glad she was able to be here for the baptism. I was joking with her that she probably gets absolutely no sleep when she comes back to Ohio because there are so many people she needs to see!

Kendra holding Jax


Our littlest man


Our newly baptized babies


Little Emmy


Brody checking out the instruments


So we had Thanksgiving at my mom and Dan's house a bit later, and we didn't feel right not having a cake of some sort...so we got this little one from Kroger. Exactly two people had a piece--Kris and myself, ha ha! There was just so much to eat. I made Kris bring the rest to work...thought it'd go nicely with coffee and donuts.


Jaxson Thomas


Emersyn Elizabeth


Jax and Emmy - You really just cannot tell from the pics how adorable they actually looked!




Uncle Drew put Emmy to sleep while I grabbed a bite to eat!


Scott and his Godchild


Mom got a pinata for all the kids. How fun! Too bad I'm not a kid anymore :)


Here's a picture with all of Mom and Dan's grandkids, minus Josie. She was napping.


Brody's first attempt


His second attempt


Jordan


Yummy!


He definitely filled his pockets!


No nap today...never a good thing, LOL. On the way home we had to run to Meijer for a prescription and I snapped this while Kris ran in. He fell asleep watching Rudolph.


Jax and Emmy playing before bedtime.


Before Brody's bedtime we read a book that he received for his baptism. Ideally I would have done this beforehand, but I forgot about it. We also looked at some pictures taken when he was baptized.

What a memorable day!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...