Monday, November 2, 2009

Twins are two months!

We now have a two-year old and 2 two-month olds! Amazing!! To celebrate the twins turning two months old, we took them to their wellness check-ups to receive not one, not two, but THREE shots. Ouch! It brought tears to my eyes to hear their little screams, but I know it is essential to keeping them healthy. And I really think babies are tougher than adults...they were pretty much done screaming after we held them for a minute. Both Emmy and Jax gained two pounds exactly this month. Emersyn went from 7 pounds to 9 pounds, and Jaxson went from 7 pounds 3 ounces to 9 pounds 3 ounces. Emersyn's jaundice has pretty much disappeared, although Dr. Kennedy said when you compare both of them she still looks like she has a bit of a "suntan." That may just be that her skin will be a little darker that Jaxson's, she said.

The babies have been smiling socially for awhile now, and within the past week both are now cooing and laughing. The first time Emersyn laughed I was getting both babies ready for bed. It was the end of the night, and I was tired and probably stressing over something. I looked down at her smiling, perfect face and she looked straight into my eyes and giggled! Funny how something like seeing my happy baby can make everything else fade away and seem truly so small.

Both babies roll from belly to back. Emersyn doesn't do it quite as often, but Jaxson does almost every time he gets placed on his belly. They eat about 7 times a day, and they finally will go almost three hours in between feedings. At night I usually feed them for the last time anywhere between 9 and 10. On a good night they will wake back up around 3:30-4:00 for another feeding, and then they'll sleep until about 7:00-8:00. Definitely better than the first few weeks at home, but I'd be lying if I said I'm getting enough sleep and waking refreshed every morning, HAHA! I think once they put on some more weight they'll be sleeping through the night.

Their personalities seem pretty much the same as I posted last month. I have two happy babies, but Emersyn is a bit sassy while Jaxson is pretty chill! I have a whole other blog post in mind regarding their different crys, but that'll be in the near future :)

The babies slept all the way home from their check-ups and then another hour or so after we arrived home. Poor Jaxson's left leg was all red and swollen, and he was simply inconsolable the entire night. I've never heard him cry so much and so hard...I just felt awful for him. He wouldn't even eat for me, so I just cuddled him and put a cool compress on his leg. He would fall asleep for a couple minutes and then wake up screaming. Luckily, Brody didn't wake up from hearing all this, and Emmy was out cold in her swing. I finally got Jax calmed down and put both twins to bed around 10ish. Thank goodness we don't have to worry about shots for another two months!

This picture was taken after returning home from their check-ups:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...