Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Brody, Brody, Brody

I really get a little nervous when I hear people say or when I read in magazines that the "threes" are perhaps even more terrible and trying than the "twos" we are experiencing now! Overall, Brody is a pretty happy kid who listens and does what you ask him to do. But, man...when he's having an "off" day, it surely takes some patience to deal with him. Usually we can tell right away in the morning what kind of mood he'll be in all day long. He either wakes up extremely happy and smiley, or he wakes up whiney and crabby. When he has a temper tantrum, I'd say about 75% of the time it is caused by the fact that he isn't communicating with us and he gets extremely frustrated. I feel so badly for him, but we are working on it.

Over the past week or so, Brody has started signing to use the potty just as he sees and realizes that one of us is going to pick up one of the twins. It is so obvious what he's trying to do that it is kind of comical. Or if we're already holding one of the babies, he'll ask to use the potty, we'll put the baby down...and then he'll run off! Little stinker is using anything he can to get all the attention!

Time-outs haven't been so spectacular over the past few days either...sometimes he will throw something and then point and run by himself to sit in his time-out spot. Like he ENJOYS it or something!! What in the world is going on here?!?!

Another thing he has started doing is if we ask him to do something or to stop doing something, etc. he will slowly turn his head away from us like he's ignoring us and then (keeping his head turned away) slowly roll his eyes back at us to see if we're still looking at him. He looks like the biggest snob when he does this!

I know he really is just being a normal toddler, but he sure knows how to push my buttons :)

2 comments:

tnbink said...

Its times like that you just tell him he is lucky he is so dang cute :)

Megan said...

Oh Man Kel....I can only imagine your patience. Gavin is only 1 and trying to test me...I say no, and he deliberately will do it again and look at me and smile. Now if daddy says no, he sits and cries. Hmmmm. I guess we know who he listens to more:) I'm so excited to read your blog and hear how much "easier" it gets...haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...