Monday, November 23, 2009

Thankful Thoughts

In honor of Thanksgiving this week...

*I am thankful for my husband. I have a loving, caring partner to stand beside me throughout this wonderful and crazy journey. I can't wait to watch our children grow together.

*I am thankful for my three beautiful, healthy children! Even though there are days here and there where it seems like nothing is going right and I cannot please them all, not a single day goes by that I do not realize how blessed I am to have three perfect children.

*I am thankful for our parents. They would drop anything to help us in a time of need, and they love our kids like crazy!

*I am thankful for our awesome siblings, their spouses, and our nieces and nephews. I feel so grateful that everyone is happy and healthy!

*I am thankful for job security. Even though I am not working this year, my job is waiting for me next year. We have no worries about one of us losing a job, and that is a wonderful thing given the current economy.

*I am thankful for our home. It may be small, and we may be rapidly outgrowing it...but it is warm, and it is cozy, and it holds some of our greatest memories. It will definitely be bittersweet when we eventually move to a new house.

*I am thankful for friends. We all have busy lives with work and children, and a few of my besties live far away, but I can forever pick up the phone and have a conversation with them and feel as though I just talked to them yesterday.

*I am thankful that God has kept my extended family members--grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins--safe from harm. I love you all!

*I am thankful for the twins sleeping through the night!! Almost 3 months ago that milestone seemed somewhere far off in the distance. But I knew it would eventually happen, and I also knew I would miss that newborn period, so I just sucked it up and tried to savor every little moment--exhausting as it was. I am actually SO sad that I can now pack up all their little newborn clothes<insert tear>!

*I am thankful that we can put healthy food on the table and eat together as a family.

*I am thankful for bedtime! Some days it can't come soon enough, ha ha :)

I hope everyone reading has the best Thanksgiving this Thursday...remember your blessings!

1 comment:

Megan said...

What a wonderful post! I must copy! I am thankful for so many of the same reasons!! Have a very blessed Thanksgiving Garman five:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...