Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Dress Dilemma


Okay...I know I said I wouldn't post about Christmas again until after Thanksgiving, but this just CANNOT wait. And you're probably thinking, "Er, wait a minute...didn't Kelly already have Emmy's Christmas dress picked out?? She did post a picture of it and all."

Yeah...well...IT'S JUST SO DARN FUN TO DRESS A LITTLE GIRL!!!! I am not a huge shopper, but I find that since we've had the twins I am always on the look-out for great deals on girls' clothing. When we go shopping, it's kind of like my vision gets clouded and all I can focus on are all the cute girl outfits. I am constantly online looking for adorable outfits for a good deal. I was not this way when Brody was a baby! Part of it is because Jaxson has tons of clothes from Brody, and we're starting all over with Emersyn's wardrobe. But the bigger part is that there are so many more choices when it comes to shopping for and dressing up a girl.

Take a look at the picture again...dress #1 is not even in the running. I got that one off Ebay. It's brand new with the tags still attached from Gymboree. It sold in stores last year for $42.99, and we won the auction on Ebay for around $15.00, I think. Don't get me wrong, it IS a cute dress. But it definitely looked better in the picture, and I just think it looks a bit dull. This is my girl's first Christmas...she can't look dull! LOL!! It also came with that black hat, but it is enormous! I looked at the tag, and it said 12-24 months. Um...why the heck would you pair a 3 month dress together with a 12-24 month hat?? Somebody needs a lesson in selling on Ebay! So we are putting these two items back on Ebay. Maybe we'll get more money than we actually paid for it :)

Dress #2 is super cute. I love the adorable sleeves and the little bow, and I really like how it's simple, yet dressy.

Dress #3 we got yesterday at Kohl's...it's actually the dress I wanted when we bought dress #2, but at the time there were no 3 month sizes left. Of course I think I have all the kids' outfits ready when I stumble upon this. I shouldn't have even looked at the rack of holiday dresses! I shouldn't have even been allowed to walk by the kids' department...but remember what I said earlier about the clouding of the vision??? I just couldn't help myself.

What do you think? Because I don't know what I think! I love both 2 and 3 equally, so I guess I can't lose. They are both so sweet and beautiful. I'm worried about Emmy feeling too chilly in dress #3 if we can't find a little shoulder sweater thingy. I think maybe we will try them both on her and make a final decision, although I'd feel bad doing that to her since she sometimes hates being dressed and undressed.

Hey! I know! She can have an AM dress and a PM dress! Kinda like how celebrities have a huge, fancy wedding gown and then a simpler "reception" gown? Tee hee.

4 comments:

tnbink said...

You are a dork :) Takes one to know one yeah yeah. So anyway...before I even read your post I saw the first picture and zoomed in on each dress cuz I knew, I just knew, where you were going with this. I chose #3 but you do make a good point with the sleeves...however, I think that everyone we know keeps the heat set for WARM so I think you should be ok. So you have seen Tae's outfit for Christmas...but someone bought us a REINDEER costume...LOLOLOLOL When do I put him in that?...

Megan said...

That is sooo true about there being much more to choose from with little girls! I like #3:) It doesn't appear that there is that much difference other than the shoulders as far as "being chilly" is concerned. You have to figure you will be inside anyway. And at christmas time, everyone has the thermostats turned up:)

Casey Rethman said...

I vote for #2! I think it would probably be more comfy for Emmy since the tool at the bottom of #3 may be scratchy....Carter's makes cute little shrugs....my girls have them. We got them at JCPenney but they had them at Kohl's I think.

Grandma Sharon said...

I like #2 and #3. I think we could find a little sweater at Elder Beerman....saw some as a matter of fact! Love the stories!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...