Kris and Brody found a new use for the Bumbo seats...I am so proud!!
We always eat a Thanksgiving dinner at my Dad's house, and for the last several years I have brought a sweet potato casserole and a green bean casserole. Usually I make each in a crock pot (love my crock pot cookbook, by the way), but this year I found a different recipe for the sweet potatoes and decided to try it instead. I just loved the way the casserole looked in the picture and needed something new. Part of the recipe called for crushed corn flakes, so I poured some into a few baggies and let Brody hammer away! He has taken to running (no, sprinting) to grab a chair and push it over to the counter whenever he sees that we're making something. It's very cute.
Here's the green beans before cooking.
And here's the sweet potato casserole...it looks cool, doesn't it?
Some pictures of the kids before heading to Pember-tucky :) Brody was absolutely thrilled to get his picture taken. By the way, those gorgeous boxes in back are to keep Brody away from the fireplace and off the ledge.
Smilin' Jaxson
Emersyn and Aunt Trish
Josie and my bro, Matt
I LUV this picture! My sister's husband, Drew, and my nephew Maeteo. He's such a good Daddy!
Can I just speak for a moment about how much I #1 adore these babies, and #2 love propping them up and taking their pictures together??? Just think about how many times this is going to happen in their lifetimes! You know at graduation parties...people hang up all sorts of pictures for guests to look at? Well these 3 are going to have to have an entire wall devoted just to pictures of them together. I simply love it!
Here's the best cousin shot that I took. And I said that Brody would ruin it all, but look how perfect he was!
All three of ours. (Jaxson finally woke up!)
Emmy & Jax
Jordan watching over the twins
So, we had a delicious and fulfilling dinner. My little brother always deep-fries the turkey, which was fantastic again. And being the baker that he is, my dad purchased two pies from Meijer--one of which was a caramel apple pie. Yes, CARAMEL apple pie. My mouth is watering just thinking of this. I'm telling you, if you see one at Meijer you just have to pick one up. Go ahead. Treat yourself just this once. It was UH---MAY---ZING! I'm not even going to think about how many calories were in that one (large) piece that I consumed. It was that good.
We headed home after a couple hours since someone was being a major pain in the bootie. (No, everyone...not Kris!) I'm sure everyone will sleep good tonight, and then we have baptism and Thanksgiving at my mom's Saturday, and Christmas decorating and a trip to the zoo next week!

1 comment:
Love it! Just love it all! Having cousins close in age is priceless!
Post a Comment