Thursday, January 13, 2011

I used to dream about this.

The moment I saw that positive pregnancy test a mere two years ago,
the second I knew Brody was going to be a big brother.
I dreamed about this.
Photobucket

These sweet, simple moments of love and adoration from sibling to sibling...
Photobucket

That moment lying down at the fertility center, six weeks into pregnancy #2,
afraid of seeing something disastrous but instead glancing to my right and immediately
seeing TWO little miracles on the ultrasound screen. I dreamed of this...
1/8/11

My twins givin' each other kisses.
1/8/11

And always having a buddy to play side-by-side with.
1/8/11

Yep, it used to just be a dream, all of this. Now, I have this. It's my reality.
1/8/11,1/9/11

And while every day is not all lollipops-and-giggles-and-puddle-stompin,'
and I sometimes seem to misplace that rainbow I usually slide out of bed on,
and there are days when I'm a little too tough and they're a lot bit needy,
and they don't always like each other, and there are nights when they tag-team
wake until the sun comes up...
1/8/11,1/9/11

...it's alright. I'll take it. I'll take 50 bad days in a row if I can have just one...one...of the
moments above when it's all said and done. Because while I used to dream of all this, it was
never this good. I have three little pieces of my heart walking around outside my body, and
for some reason, tonight, I'm feeling extra grateful that I was chosen to be their Momma.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...