Sunday, January 2, 2011

Twins are 16 months!

There's only one thing worse than spaghetti night...
Photobucket

...TWO spaghetti nights in a row! :)
Photobucket

It's been another speedy, wonderful month with these two cuties.
First, here's one of their favorite sitting areas. Yep, the dog bowl.
Two perfect-sized nooks for two cute little bottoms!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A few days ago we dropped the bedtime nursing session, so we are now down to one morning session. I don't see this lasting for much longer, as they are increasingly uninterested--which is fine. I wasn't expecting to continue this long anyway.

They are in love with the Letter Factory DVD. This plays during trips in the van, and they seriously get so excited about it! I would say they repeat at least half the letter sounds, right on cue with the video. Makes me smile!

Emmy seemed kind of quiet this month, and I can't recall any new things she's been saying. Jaxson, on the other hand, is turning into a real chatterbox--just like his daddy, ha ha! His favorite words are apple ("ahh-poe"), bath ("bat"), and brush ("brusss"). The twins received toothbrushes in their stockings, and they just love to brush. Yay!

They are still quite small for their age...12-month sizes still fit for the most part, though there are some 12-18 month and 18-month things they can wear without looking completely ridiculous. I tried Brody's old Christmas sleeper on Jaxson a couple weeks ago (size: 18 months), and there was just NO way, LOL! They are definitely growing and eating like crazy, i.e. 2 grocery trips per week, yikes! Kris was a smaller baby too, so we are not surprised or concerned at all.

I wish I could report that Jax suddenly stopped slapping, but it is definitely a work in progress. Now he will even pick up a toy and hit any of us with it. We've started placing him in his crib with no toys or "lovies" since he's a tad young for standard time-outs. AND he's starting to get the little "lip quiver" when I look at him and say, "No!" sternly. Maybe he's starting to figure it out??

Oh my! We are just a singin' and dancin' and instrument-playin' bunch! Usually every evening we turn on some music, and it looks like this: Brody goes and grabs his trumpet, guitar, or drums...Jaxson puts on a big smile while dancing (bending his knees over and over), and Emmy shyly smiles and twists her little hips back and forth. And they get even more excited when Mommy and/or Daddy join in on the fun. A definite highlight of my day!

Emersyn Elizabeth - 16 months old!
Photobucket

Freakin' cute. Enough said.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jaxson Thomas - 16 months old!
Photobucket

Love these soulful eyes...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Every month I sit here typing away on my laptop and think...how did another month pass by already?? And it seems unreal to me that this is the age Brody was when we found out we were expecting twins. I hate that time feels like it's flying by, but at least I can find comfort in the fact that all three of our kids get more adorable and more fun with each passing day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...