When I wrote his first-month post, Jayce was not sleeping on his back at night and preferred being upright on my chest. He then began taking a twice-a-day dose of reflux medication. That very first night after his first dose, he slept on his back unless I was feeding him. Could've been a coincidence, but his other symptoms seemed to have improved as well.
Precious boy...he's definitely not a newborn anymore.


Those cheeks and that mouth is totally Brody!!

I'm not sure if I've posted this before, but Jayce is the slightest bit "tongue-tied," which means his frenulum (stringy thing under his tongue) is tight and close to the tip of his tongue. He'll be referred to an ENT at six months just to see if it needs snipped, but his doctor said it's not the worst she's seen.

This month, there was a whole lot of burping, spitting up, cooing, AND SMILING!! Love this little boy's smiles. They make every worry disappear.



He is continuing to grow like a weed! At his two-month appointment, he weighed in at 13 pounds, 3 ounces (90th %!!!) and was 24 inches long (90th% again). This is over a pound ahead of Brody at this point and four pounds more than the twins were at two months. The doctor was again pleased with his health, and he received his first round of immunizations (3 shots). This is something that never gets easier for parents, I think. Just awful to hear him scream, but he made a quick recovery after I picked him up!

No comments:
Post a Comment