Friday, November 4, 2011

Our Smiley Guy

Ohh, baby smiles!! I like to think of them as little thank-yous or even affirmations that you're doing a good job as a parent. Take this first one for example...
11/3/2011,11/2/2011
His smile seems to be saying, "Thank you for staying up with me from 4:00 - 5:30 this morning...that was a long one! Love ya, Mommy!" Awww, was it really an hour and half?! I hardly remember! :)

11/3/2011,11/2/2011

And I think God times those very first smiles for exactly when moms and dads need them. When they feel like they can't keep their eyes open for another middle-of-night feeding, or after they've been pooped on/peed on/spit-up on over and over again, or they feel like they're not doing anything right. Then a smile comes, and you think...I can do it. I've got this.
11/3/2011,11/2/2011

This is so cute.
11/3/2011,11/2/2011

He's run out of smiles. Is he just thinking...or pooping?!?!
11/3/2011,11/2/2011

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. He is precious!

Casey Rethman said...

:) I especially love the smiley picture text I got of little man today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...