Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Preschool: Year #1...done!

Brody's last day, Wednesday, May 16th.
Photobucket

On May 18th, the preschool had a little graduation/end-of-year program for all the kids in the two classes--not just the ones moving on to kindergarten. It was so cute. They sang a couple songs and they each took a turn speaking into the microphone to tell everyone their favorite moment from the past school year. At the end, everyone received a certificate before a slideshow/video presentation was shown. It was very touching, and I stole a bunch of pictures from it for this post. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Brody and Ms. Beth entering...I said, "Of course he would be the one to need an escort!" but Kris said they put him last because he was really nervous about walking across the stage each time the kids practiced. He thought he was going to fall.
Photobucket

Can you spot him? He's a little over halfway down, navy shirt...plaid shorts..green guitar. Our table was in the back, and I made the mistake of not bringing a lens that can zoom, so I didn't get many pictures of the actual program.
Photobucket

Favorite moments from the year...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Only snapped a pic with one buddy before we had to leave (kids were crazy and Kris had to work). This is Brody with a girl from his class named Mackenzie. She's adorable. I used to work with her mom at Meijer back in the day.
Photobucket

*********
The rest are all pics I copied from the slideshow. I was so surprised and thankful there were so many pictures of Brody. (I'm not posting all of them.) This first one was back in October when they visited the fire station. The firefighter pictured there beside Brody is Rob, a friend of Kris's, and he has a son named Owen who was in Brody's class this year.
Photobucket

This was from another field trip in Jan. or Feb. The kids visited The Gallery, which is a hair/spa place in town that is run by the mom of a girl in Brody's class. They then went to a coffee shop for a snack and hot cocoa before heading to the next part of the field trip...the police station!
Photobucket

Kris led the tour of the police station. Um...do you see Brody?? That little boy in the way back who's more interested in the sweeper rather than what his daddy has to say?! Ha ha ha ha! That is so Brody!
Photobucket

Photobucket

A couple pics from art time. The first one was in November...they were painting with berries. The second one was from April. They had a whole unit on the solar system.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Valentine party. The guy in the red jacket is one of Kris's sergeants.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Both classes and teachers posing for a picture with Ms. Janet, a librarian who comes to read to them.
Photobucket

I asked Brody what they were doing here, and he said, "Pretending we were caterpillars in a chrysalis."
Photobucket

Playing in the Wiggle Room...
Photobucket

Outdoor time...Brody's in the red.
Photobucket

Planting flowers by the sign...
Photobucket

Practicing for the program...
Photobucket

Love this one! Just playing in the classroom.
Photobucket

Photobucket
He really came a long way this year! He began the year not being able to make it through the morning without tears and ended the year with confidence. With his teacher's patience and guidance, his abilities to listen and follow directions have improved so much. He just really did a lot of growing up this year, and we're looking forward to next year!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I am glad he had a fantastic year! Great teachers and great parents make that happen!

Melissa said...

What a neat preschool! They sure take the kids out into the community for lots of fun field trips! It's crazy how much they mature and change from the beginning of the year to the end! I love that pic of Brody playing with the blocks, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...