Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Recital '14: Rehearsal Night

The time has come!  Nine months of Monday evening classes culminates when ten little girls in matching pretty pink poodle outfits and white ruffle socks and black tap shoes step on stage, singing and tapping their hearts out, trying to hit every beat and remember every step.
 photo e05eb75f-ef6c-432e-b594-f7916fe6f175_zps7d2118de.jpg

First though, practice makes perfect!  Rehearsal night was Wednesday, June 4th.  Here's my gal getting "made up" for the first time.  I kinda rolled my eyes when I got the e-mail about putting light makeup on the dancers because the stage lighting washes out their features, but I'll admit…it was pretty fun and something special to be reserved for dance if she decides to continue.
 photo a10ae3ae-1724-4345-b0a5-d68bcaa0fdf1_zps3437de7f.jpg  photo 3742c21b-f35c-43d0-94f7-377e59f681f9_zpscc9a61af.jpg

Waiting patiently to get her poodle headpiece on.
 photo fa46aecb-17c6-4cba-b744-b4aa17a16fd1_zps605de35a.jpg

Stella
 photo 5cc6ce4d-bebc-4481-a522-42f50d0013c3_zpsb0b12474.jpg  photo 72b0c32b-33e6-4027-9fb5-7c8dbc61f403_zps352e05f5.jpg  photo 09e0bf0a-83e5-49ee-9860-5122936fe525_zps2328b717.jpg

Emersyn really enjoyed getting to see her buddies, Mya and Stella, every week at dance class!
 photo 61ab3d13-a962-4465-a1f2-4b0e157cd6f7_zpsae1f13a8.jpg

Walking out onto the stage to rehearse.
 photo 4456fc8e-cd6d-455d-a5d0-46fc2a86842b_zps7ea3df66.jpg  photo 942943d7-05da-4649-848a-6f0cd1e32b6c_zps2648907e.jpg

These dancing poodles are ready for the real thing!!
 photo ec4e9b51-9d66-4d03-a1ea-eb2dd5d252c1_zps53695cdd.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...