Little by little though, he has become comfortable in this new experience. Now he is having trouble with his listening skills and paying attention. His teacher (who we love) started a sticker and stamp reward system with him. I'm not sure if this is because he is so much worse than the other kids or because she knows how important it is to us that he improves in these areas. It seems like he's been having lots of good days recently, and I hope it continues. This is probably because I am a teacher, but I have always feared that one of our kids would be "the one" in the class that the teacher just can't stand!!
We already decided long ago that he will be attending preschool for one more year before kindergarten. This will make him one of the older kids in his class, but I think it is the best decision for him. I actually think it's a blessing that his birthday is in late September because he needs that extra time to grow up a little...I think he'd have all sorts of behavior problems if we sent him to kindergarten next year and would end up hating school in the future.
Anyways, Brody has done so many cool things so far this year, including attending some great field trips! Their first one was to MacQueen's Apple Orchard on September 23rd. This was just a few days after Jayce was born, so Kris went on the field trip while my mom came over to help with the kids. (I just have a couple cell phone pics from this rainy trip, and they weren't very clear.)
Then in early October, to coincide with their western unit, they took a trip to a horse farm. These are two pics Kris sent me from his phone, and they aren't the best quality.


They also had a "western parade" one Friday at the end of the day. Each part of his outfit was made during their art class.


Kris took this pic on his phone during one of his helper days. A small portion of the day is spent in what they call the Wiggle Room, which has various fun things to encourage imaginative play.

Also in October, the kids toured the fire station to learn all about fire safety (again, have blurry cell pics--not worth posting). A couple weeks ago, they went caroling at a nursing home. Unfortunately, Brody was unable to go on this one. He had a runny nose and cough, and they didn't want kids with even the slightest illness to be around the residents. This coming Monday, they have a walking field trip and will be caroling down the street around the preschool.
Friday the 16th was the Christmas program. I tried getting a shot of all four kids dressed up before we left. I so love Jayce's outfit and the fact that it has now seen three first Christmases!




Patiently waiting for the program (or the movie, as Jaxson was calling it) to begin!




There are 22 kids between the two classes, and they all walked in by "candlelight."

The kids were just precious as they sang This Little Light of Mine, Away in a Manger, and We Wish You a Merry Christmas. The second boy down from Brody (with the curly hair) is his buddy, Isaac. They recently had a fun playdate, and Isaac has a baby sister named...Emerson Elizabeth!!!


A group of kids reenacted the Christmas Story. Brody played a sheep.

Yaya, Papa, Jordan, and Josie attended as well!

Finally, this is Brody's tradition project that was due recently!

No comments:
Post a Comment