I know I say and think this all the time, but Jayce is just growing so fast! I am trying to stretch this "little baby" time out as long as possible--holding him as much as I can, letting him sleep in my arms--probably because I know he's my last baby and before we know it, he'll be on the move!


What's new this month? Well, he continues to be our happy little guy (so different from that first month or two). He still gulps and swallows so much air during feedings, making him uncomfortable for awhile afterwards. He did a ton of spitting up this month--so much, in fact, that just when I thought he'd be done...out came another burp and more spit-up! SO, lots of laundry this month. :)


He also will occasionally give Kris problems during feedings while I'm at work. I really think he dislikes eating from a bottle. He only takes two bottles while I'm gone, and sometimes Kris can only get him to take 2 or 3 ounces. Then when I get home, he wants to eat several times before bedtime like he's making up for lost time!


Still not the world's greatest sleeper at night! He is up at least twice to eat. Silly me, I thought I'd--I mean, he'd--be sleeping through the night by now. :) I guess I did say that I'm stretching this little baby stage out, didn't I?


Jayce is getting so much stronger! He's putting weight onto his feet and trying to push off of them when we hold him upright, he enjoys sitting in the Bumbo seat to play, and he is always flexing those abs and trying to get to a sitting position. He is really into the stage right now where hands, blankie, toys, anything gets put right into his mouth.


This month he has also increased his babbling. His "conversations" with us are truly adorable! He also squeals in delight and blows raspberries. Spit and drool abound!


He is not rolling yet, but he is definitely close. Kris and I were just talking about how we probably don't give him enough "floor time" because we hold him a lot when he's awake and there's too much going on in our tiny space to leave him safely on the floor.


I think that's it in the way of updates. He doesn't go for his check-up until next week, so I'll report back then with his weight and length. I'm anxious to see how much he weighs!


2 comments:
Happy 4 months oldl!!! Jayce is sooo happy Kelly! I love all his grins and giggles!
Ahhhhh! I just love him! That monkey outfit is so cute and I love the little gray hat! :)
Post a Comment