Monday, February 27, 2012

Bath Fun

We've recently had some fun and interesting baths! Hands-down, the kids enjoyed the glow stick bath the most. And it was my favorite too, since there was no mess to clean up. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

They keep requesting a "glow stick bath," but I've told them we can only have them once in awhile or they won't be special and fun anymore.
Photobucket

Photobucket

In these pics, they were just snuggling in Brody's bed before bedtime stories.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And...shame on me, but I realized recently that I had taken z e r o pictures of Jayce during bathtime! Do you know why? Well, bathtime/bedtime can be a slightly crazy time with this bunch--especially when Kris is at work. So I took advantage of a night when Kris was home to help and snapped a few shots of our baby boy.

Before bath:
Photobucket

Photobucket

During:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After:
Photobucket
Mmmm...I love a clean baby!!

Another fun bath was painting with shaving cream. The twins did this together, and then Brody was by himself. The tub walls were the perfect canvas! All three kids were hit pretty hard by a stomach bug last week, and they were just starting to feel like themselves on this night.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last thing wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. You were supposed to add colored ice cubes to the bath water, and the kids could have fun trying to catch the slippery cubes. Turns out the cubes melt way too quickly, but they still got a kick out of it for a minute or two. Maybe this would work better in the baby pool on a not-too-hot summer day??
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's all for now! Next I'd like to try a recipe for homemade bath crayons. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw that on Pinterest too! Looks cool! And the glow stick bath is brilliant! How fun.

That picture of Emmy in Brody's bed is soooo pretty. She is such a beautiful little lady. And I love the close-ups of Jayce before and after bath too. So sweet.

Casey Rethman said...

LOVE the close-up pic of Miss Emersyn and all of the cute bath ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...