Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Day

This year, Brody got to make his very first Valentines for all his little buddies at preschool!
Photobucket

This was Sunday the 12th. He was surprisingly very into this and stayed focused for longer than I expected. (Okay, so I did bribe him with a "Skittle Power Break" about midway through, but you gotta do what ya gotta do, right?) We did a lot of talking about Valentine's Day and why we were taking the time to do all this and also what his party would be like.
Photobucket

We did the glow stick idea...I'm not really into food treats for parties/birthdays because I know Brody probably wouldn't be able to eat a treat from someone else, and I don't want to make anyone else feel left out (there are other various allergies at his school).
Photobucket

Then he colored his handprints and attached them to a bottle of lotion for Ms. Beth. I've seen this idea a number of times and couldn't wait to do it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the morning of his Valentine Party, Monday the 13th.
Photobucket

Then, on Valentine's Day we awoke to this...
Photobucket

...and I got to stay home with all my little loves. How perfect!
Photobucket

Brody was listening to a recordable book that my mom gave the kids for Valentine's Day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

First Valentine's Day for this cute boy!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I heart feet in jammies.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids got a combined gift from us: Valentine Peeps, Lady and the Tramp movie, and a felt food set.
Photobucket

We have enjoyed reading the book version for a long time now, so they were excited to watch the movie!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also made a Valentine parfait dessert after dinner (I think on the 15th).
Photobucket

Photobucket

The End!

Meant to get around to making a cute table runner like we did last March, but maybe we'll try that for Easter or something.

1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

I just heart the pic of all 4 of them on the couch! Happy Hearts Day Garmans!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...