When I tucked you into bed on the eve of your 3rd birthday, I told you to go right to sleep so you could wake up and start celebrating your special day. You wrapped those skinny little arms so tightly around my neck and softly said, "I'm so excited!"


I adore this about you, Jaxson. Your excitement, your enthusiasm...you have a way of "pumping" us all up for seemingly anything. This zest for life that you have...please don't ever lose it. You are so much fun to be around!
Kid, you make this momma laugh and smile each and every day. Your expressions, your animated stories, your big smiles. I love how you start talking so quickly, but your brain is thinking faster than your mouth can move...and you start stuttering over words. I just smile at you and help you along with your story. :)


You know what I find funny? The skinniest little dude in our family has the biggest, loudest voice and gives the biggest, tightest hugs. It melts my heart watching you stand at the door, simultaneously jumping up and down and blowing me kisses ("jumpy kisses") as I pull out of the driveway in the mornings.


I love how you randomly come up to me and give me hugs and kisses. Several times a day I hear this coming out of your mouth: Mommy, you're my best friend! Or even this: I love you, my sweet mommy.


If only you could know how much I love you back. And I always will no matter what. Oh, sure...you can be quite the handful sometimes. Hyper, crazy, impulsive, crazy, rough, crazy. :) But this is just part of who you are, and I wouldn't change a single thing about you. I am lucky to call you my son and blessed that God gave me you three years ago!
You have changed so much this year! You became a big brother and blew my mind with the amount of love and affection you showed our new arrival. I was so sad and worried about how you, in particular, would deal with a new baby and sharing my attention even more than you already did...and it's like it was natural for you to take him under your wing.


You potty-trained like a dream! You were so ready and willing and proud of yourself that I almost want to relive that experience again (almost!). You are a very quick learner, constantly picking up on things that you see or hear throughout the day. I always imagine what kind of student each of you will be, and I picture you being an excited, motivated kid who's always giving his best effort...but also getting into trouble for talking. :)


No one believes us that you love food and are our biggest eater!! You have many favorites: pancakes, waffles, eggs, yogurt, smoothies, Sunbutter & jelly sandwiches, mac and cheese, hot dogs, and all fruits--especially strawberries and watermelon.
As far as other favorite things, you seem to have followed your big brother's lead and now love tractors, semi trucks, fire trucks, police cars, and monster trucks. You love to dance and sing and act silly, you like to throw/kick a ball with someone, and you love to make-believe that you're heading to preschool or talking on a cell phone!
When it comes to behavior...well, you're three. :) Some days are amazing, and some days I wonder how our time-out spot on the floor doesn't have a permanent indentation the same size and shape of your bottom! Lately you need reminders to be gentle with Jayce, and I have warned you numerous times, "He's gonna be bigger than you, like, tomorrow." Sad but true. You are still fitting into 24 months and 2T sizes, especially in pants. You have the skinniest waist!
You just love the special attention that comes with being a helper. You enjoy helping us swiffer the kitchen floor, wipe the tables, throw clothes into the washer/dryer, bake, or simply entertaining Jayce. Although you can get too rough at times with Jayce, you are such a great big brother, and you love sharing your new room with him!
I am looking sooooo forward to all that we'll experience with you during your fourth year. At this time next year, you and your sister will be in preschool...I can't believe it!!
Daddy and I love you, Jax. So amazingly much!!



2 comments:
Oh my gosh I LOVE this post and this little boy! Happy Birthday, Jax!
So, so sweet. Happy Birthday, Jax!
Post a Comment