
Did you really have to go and do that, sweet boy?? :)
Jacyer, our first year with you has been so, so wonderful. When you arrived last September 19th, I knew that our family was perfectly complete. I will admit though, that after all the claims of, "Oh this baby will be so easy-going..." all throughout my pregnancy, I was a bit nervous those first few weeks after bringing you home when I couldn't even put you down without you screaming. I think you slept on my chest every night your first month!
Well, after surviving your high-maintainance newborn stage, we were handsomely rewarded with that easy-going baby everyone had promised. :) Though you still are not a great sleeper at night, you are such a delightful, happy little boy. As sweet as they come. Really.

Yes, we have our rough days, but I would describe you as mostly patient, happy, and lovable. You are such a snuggler, and I'm hoping that will last for a long time! You adore your two big brothers and big sister, and they adore you right back.

So, what are you up to as our BIG one-year-old?? You have zero teeth, you are cruising all around the furniture and love to walk holding onto our hands, you are such a good lil' eater (though recently have discovered how fun it is to throw food onto the floor), you love crawling all over the house--getting into and exploring every little nook, you babble and constantly try to repeat the things you hear, bathtime is your favorite part of the day, you love to dance, and you are currently going through a phase where you hate being dressed!
At your one-year wellness visit, Dr. Carol said you were the picture of health! You weighed in at 22 pounds and 6 ounces, and you measured 30 inches long. You also received 4(!) shots but handled them like our little tough guy.
A look back through your amazing first year! Months 1 to 6...


Happy, happy 1st birthday, Jayce Ryan Garman!
We all love you so insanely much!!

No comments:
Post a Comment