Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Emersyn Elizabeth, 3 Years

Emmy Girl,

You're three!! I know you'll eventually get tired of hearing this, but it really does seem just like yesterday that you were my baby. I remember during those early days that I couldn't get over how amazing it was that I had a baby girl! Everything about you seemed so delicate...your face was so beautiful, your nose and lips so perfectly-shaped. You were simply the sweetest thing your daddy and I had ever laid eyes on...our tiny, perfect little bundle!
Photobucket

Now look at you! You've grown and changed so much this year. You are now your own little person learning to communicate your thoughts and ideas, trying to overcome the frustrations you feel when your way of doing something doesn't quite jive with ours.
Photobucket

Yes, our little brown-eyed girl, there have definitely been struggles this year. You can be a complete sobbing mess one second, charming and irresistible the next.
Photobucket

We have just loved watching you transform into this little independent girl over the past few months. You must pick out your own big-girl undies and socks. You wake up in the morning with a pair of shoes already in mind. It's either a hat day or you're able to be persuaded into letting me do your hair. If that's the case, you are quite opinionated about which hairstyle you'd like. "One pony tail today, Mommy." Or "Two french braids." And always, "Don't pull my hair!"
Photobucket

There are so many things I love to do with you, but cuddling on the couch, just the two of us, with a few good books would have to be at the top of the list. I feel a little guilty sometimes because I know you need that special attention perhaps more than the boys, and it doesn't happen nearly enough!
Photobucket

I love how you adore all-things girly (getting your nails painted, wearing dresses or fancy shoes, hair bows, head bands, ect.), yet you can hold your own and be just as rough as the boys when you want to. You gotta be tough with three brothers, I guess!
Photobucket

Oh, the favorite things of our three-year-old gal! You love books, and you normally take at least three with you to bed at nighttime. You have many dolls and stuffed animals that must all be lined up perfectly in your big girl bed. You might wish that Minnie Mouse was your sister. :) You are quite the "little mother" taking care of your baby dolls...feeding them, wrapping them up in your blankie, holding them tightly against your body. Outside, you enjoy blowing bubbles, shooting hoops, and drawing with sidewalk chalk.

For mealtimes, I haven't figured out if you really hate eating or you're just trying to drive us crazy!! You take for-ev-er to finish a meal, often whining and complaining the entire way through. You do, however, have several favorites (i.e. things you'll eat without throwing a fit!): mac and cheese, pancakes, waffles, yogurt, ravioli, bell peppers and ranch, and watermelon.

It depends on the day, or sometimes the minute, whether or not your twin brother and you are able to get along nicely! But all those sweet twin moments you share together make up for any craziness you two cause. (I'm sure you won't remember this, but the two of you recently met up in the bathroom around 3 in the morning for a little pow-wow. You were both so stinkin' cute that I couldn't even be upset with you.)
Photobucket

Well, that's about it...so beautiful, so fun, so challenging, so YOU! Our three-year-old amazing daughter, we love you to pieces.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky girl, lucky mommy. What a perfect post. Happy Birthday, Emmy!!

P.S. - all this talk of mac 'n cheese being your kids favorite food is making me hungry. Mac 'n cheese has been sounding good to me too lately. I think that'll be showing up on our menu next week! ;) Emmy and Jax are welcome to come over! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...