Monday, December 16, 2013

Sledding…Brrr!

The first big snowfall of the season hit this past weekend, and we had a nice balance of staying in and venturing out!  Saturday morning was Brody's last basketball game, and we went to see Disney's Frozen at the theater in town, but the rest of the day was spent playing at home.  We even kept the kids up late Saturday night to bake another batch of cutouts! (Can I just tell you my pants are fitting tighter already?!)

Sunday morning we were up bright and early to go on a sledding adventure!  Boy, was it a cold, windy morning, but their smiles and giggles truly made the experience worth it.  We headed to my old stompin' grounds, ;) and the first thing I noticed was how small the hills look now that I'm grown.  They used to seem so big!
 photo f23f811d-66fe-43ec-9adc-34a8e4ed2405_zpsd09385ef.jpg  photo 9a63669e-23e0-46f8-85cf-1ddad3fcf206_zps9a0594ef.jpg  photo 291305fb-7ff1-4a06-9b73-f539925d428c_zps5596eff0.jpg  photo e6c7c155-dcf8-4597-8f88-f265571d6b1f_zps942ef3a7.jpg  photo 59234b60-0058-434d-a123-ff2299bfabbd_zpsb0291faf.jpg  photo 7d347f9f-58ce-451b-8b9a-22925dff8f55_zps6eacce06.jpg  photo cc5f1139-e25f-4caa-8280-31b50ff53299_zpse48eccbc.jpg

This guy enjoyed the snow much more than he did last year!
 photo 58c91951-12fc-438c-942b-ee9a048fe194_zps8c6d8776.jpg

Looking back at these pictures, I realized Emersyn's coat was unzipped the whole time…whoopsies!
 photo 9846dd3e-5822-44dc-90ea-77405f3001d9_zpsa4765bd4.jpg

Look at this face…pure joy!
 photo 432d60b2-0ea7-4893-966a-6006154cd845_zps1cd72e81.jpg  photo a0db9dc0-d453-477f-99fd-42ce135cb3a1_zps3675ed71.jpg  photo ef82b621-9dac-484a-bf0d-c65d3c3df54f_zps4e7e6cfa.jpg  photo 9a117486-793e-4d69-b068-edcf9b34a969_zpsfee06695.jpg  photo 54d7eaa4-dc92-4436-b3c3-8eeb9bb84ed2_zpsa5b8ed3e.jpg  photo aada78c0-cd2b-4d2d-a25c-6af54886c7cd_zpsce3ec133.jpg

This was when Jax was sliding down on his bottom--sans sled, flipped and did a somersault, and face-planted into the snow, ha ha ha!  I have a picture of the snow all over his face, but it turned out blurry.
 photo 109a4d0f-51d8-455c-98fd-afbf0c8bbd7f_zps67d48d46.jpg  photo 04525f42-efc6-48cd-9734-78cb87b01694_zps73a3ac1f.jpg  photo 8608c270-a165-45ff-a654-e9b5cd5ebf80_zps951102d5.jpg

My favorite thing about playing in the snow when I was a kid?  Climbing up the huge drifts that accumulated from what the plows cleared off.  Snow forts!  Snow homes!  Snow tunnels!  The possibilities were endless!  Here Brody and Jax were on a drift throwing snow at each other after we were done sledding.
 photo ee7834ad-01f6-4695-a0c3-cb1d7402dad4_zps475b2dfc.jpg  photo 5fea388f-8e83-4f2e-96f2-77d90fdc9d9b_zpsb63fe6f8.jpg  photo 83e87836-c00a-4455-a6e2-1f8d495d628c_zps214ddda2.jpg  photo 0d398b2d-ad6d-4fee-a5d2-7e1022784061_zps93471300.jpg  photo ffa637e1-af5d-46bd-9097-d6debdbe72ad_zpsd7657fc2.jpg

Warming up with hot cocoa in the truck before the drive home.
 photo 8eb1d93f-8c6a-4f7f-9942-1b4c0d7aaca8_zps57bb7038.jpg

I hope we get tons more snow this winter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Agreed! On so many things you said. I loved snow piles to make forts/tunnels/etc. And I hope we get tons more snow as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...