Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Eve. 2013.

It would just be fabulous if I had everything all set by December 23rd (even earlier would be better, but I'm trying to be realistic here) so I could enjoy and relax all day on Christmas Eve!!  Maybe next year.  This morning I was out buying last minute things, and then we headed to my mom's for an early lunch since Kris had to work later.
 photo 1afda0a3-feef-4ca5-85d7-1b0bf4eabf9e_zpsdd939db5.jpg  photo 613798d5-22d6-46c2-bce9-e83c1fa7d01c_zpsc7cad566.jpg

The kids and their Ya Ya…not perfect, but I love this!
 photo c0ff2ba7-3708-4bc0-8c41-31f07c5a70b5_zpsdd8c6100.jpg  photo 8df110a8-9d4e-4f32-8215-9a6cb2be2a95_zps179e8092.jpg  photo 947641dc-3ab9-45bf-b478-25a7dae41346_zpse95db814.jpg  photo e5deaf1a-8eff-4c10-b695-3360319306d7_zps7922f868.jpg

Coffee with peppermint mocha Kahlua…mmm.
 photo a07d6154-9bb0-4874-ae4b-80bc80192e9d_zpsef0822af.jpg  photo fce16487-2f09-4f53-8fef-687b96e3988f_zpsca000d7e.jpg  photo b83af808-b958-4019-8ec6-73bc21a977f9_zps74e170f7.jpg

Look at my little lady!  Ha ha.
 photo 58df2785-eb32-48ee-8016-0351e3a5a19b_zpsab6bff6d.jpg

Okay, I think this picture of Emersyn is easily a favorite of mine!
 photo 570fcd05-8434-4c2e-9258-584c0c32d18c_zps580c2c1e.jpg
 photo 8979049a-7f28-4a87-99fc-dd2b0c256b0e_zpsd7719eed.jpg  photo 5aa29bb3-c9e7-4691-a260-5b2a2d3610ab_zps4177959f.jpg

As always, the kids received some awesome gifts from Ya Ya and Pa Pa…Brody got a submarine toy, sticker book, and clothes…Emersyn & Jaxson received a teeter totter, kickball game, sticker books, and clothes…Jayce received a train set, sticker book, and clothes.
 photo f4749eb8-2d73-47ce-b30e-ca3310e57d10_zps7a055b1c.jpg  photo fe90ded2-f83b-48d5-bdb4-fa2acd3772e7_zps25b085c9.jpg  photo 2f7911a8-68ce-41b0-b95e-f3b04e1ec783_zpsc5c590e2.jpg

Kris went home ahead of us to get ready for work, and then we all followed shortly after.  After naps, the most amazing thing happened…Jaxson woke up and was the sweetest, most helpful, most excellent listener!!  I like to call it his last-ditch effort to get on Santa's Nice List!  He helped tear paper off of crayons for our melted crayon ornaments.
 photo abcd5037-3f0f-456e-b597-2d6965a5ef02_zps3aac8869.jpg

And he helped me make cookies for Santa's plate.
 photo 8411f8b9-d4c0-4fca-8aaa-992e3b563775_zps28bcc9f4.jpg

I waited for Kris to get home from work to do all our Christmas Eve before-bed rituals.
Here are the kids before heading outside to sprinkle their reindeer food on the lawn.  Heart this pic!!
 photo 3d1a88be-d5c4-44f1-a12a-fa3fa79fa0ec_zps3d566201.jpg  photo 1f49ce3e-80fc-4b66-9d14-738603c8b69d_zps3cb9c8e6.jpg  photo b6a0013c-d58f-4148-9e68-9523d215e3b1_zps7a3aedb5.jpg

Then each of them picked a couple cookies to place on Santa's plate!  The excitement…you could see it, feel it, hear it!
This is definitely one of those moments that I know I will long for someday once our kids are grown...
 photo 8f950f23-94f5-4f1f-8a19-1cdfe985521f_zps448297b3.jpg  photo d4164c6d-5827-4aac-9fb3-392d10d00c13_zpsa587355d.jpg  photo 7c4841c7-a611-4872-8f52-96ec0e9b641b_zps437583ca.jpg

Psst!  Santa came!!
 photo 5eba877a-22a0-4095-b3a4-c45da25c8489_zps4aeecd9f.jpg

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...