Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Halfway

You know that warning on many vehicle side mirrors that reads something like, "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear?" Well, I feel as though these 18 and 20 week pictures need a similar disclaimer because they do NOT look realistic. I am actually much bigger than I appear in these pictures...
Photobucket

I am a few days shy of 22 weeks now, so that means the quick, "easy" half is over. I was honestly beginning to feel a little guilty lately because I hardly ever think about the fact that I am pregnant. It is so different than my two previous pregnancies. My days are so packed and busy (which I'm fine with:) ) that it doesn't leave me much alone time to sit and daydream about who this little baby is. I started feeling movement with this baby long before I remember feeling any movement with the twins or Brody. I think it was about 16 or 17 weeks this time. Now that I can really feel movement frequently, I guess I'm feeling a little more connected. AND Kris was able to go with me to my last OB appointment, which also happened to include my 20-week ultrasound, so that was nice for both of us to only have this new little life to focus on for a change!

I do not have very exciting pictures to share. Baby was moving around like crazy, and the ultrasound tech didn't get many clear pictures. I was really hoping for a profile shot, but it didn't happen. Look at this cute little foot!
Ultrasound at 20 wks

And this one is really hard to make out, but it's a frontal view of the face and chest area.
Ultrasound at 20 ws

Kris and I both looked the other way when the tech was checking out the lower half of the baby's body. We didn't want to take a chance of recognizing anything down there! The heartbeat was 166 beats per minute. I know there are theories about heartbeats and genders, but I don't take them too seriously. Every time I had an ultrasound or nonstress test with the twins, their heartrates were nearly identical. I really haven't had any strong feelings one way or the other as to this baby's gender. Some days I think it might be a boy, while other days I think it might be a girl. It would be fabulous to have two boys and two girls in our family and for Emersyn to have a sister, but I also think it would be neat if she had an older brother, a twin brother, and a younger brother. That's one way to ensure she'll never have a date, ha ha!

I don't have a lot of complaints so far with this pregnancy. I'm feeling great, and my blood pressure readings have all been normal. I have been having some really disturbing dreams lately that wake me up at night and make it hard to fall back asleep. I've also had some horrible heartburn for some time now, which affected me during both previous pregnancies as well.

I think that's it for now!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I think the idea of having 3 brothers is fun too!! Good Luck keeping up with all those kiddies. I'm at 33 weeks and have a hard enough time chasing around my 20 month old!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...