You know, there are countless times during the school year when I think, "Yeah, summers off are nice, but I would give it all up to just come home to my family and be done." To know what it feels like to walk out those doors after school, breathe a sigh of relief, and not have to think about work until the next morning. A teacher's life is not like that though...there's always a million things to do and a million things you feel behind in doing. I constantly feel like I'm just trying to keep my head above water. And every year it feels like more responsibilities get handed to us. Needless to say, as summer inches closer and closer, those thoughts regarding giving up summer break...GONE! :)
These summer "bucket lists" are all over the place right now, so I decided to create one for our family. Most are pretty simple things to do at home, with some day trips sprinkled in here and there. Looking forward to checkin' things off our list!
1. Overnight trip to Chicago. Main reason: Museum of Science and Industry.
2. LOTS of pool time! Hopefully the kids don't mind the cooler water temps, as we have no heater.
3. Organized swimming lessons for all?
4. Sprinkler (and hose) fun in the yard.
5. Start mild potty training for Em and Jax.
6. Take Brody shopping for preschool supplies.
7. Make our own popsicles and ice cream.
8. Watch fireworks.
9. Picnics at the park (and at home too).
10. Visit a few new-to-us playgrounds/parks.
11. Make it to Cedarlane RV Park at least twice. This is our favorite place because of the pools.
12. Repaint living room.
13. Repaint & new counters in kitchen.
14. Clean out junk room and redo for Em and Jax.
15. Teach Brody to ride his bike without training wheels.
16. Playdates with my besties from school and HS.
17. Grandparents' cottage at least once.
18. Hopefully a boat ride or two on my dad's boat if he gets it in working condition.
19. Wood County Fair
20. Pemberville Fair
21. A few trips to the Toledo Zoo
22. Trips to the library...maybe check out any special programs for little ones.
23. Fun at the beach!
24. Water balloon fight :)
25. Catch lightning bugs
26. Go fishing
27. Make our own lemonade or hawaiian punch.
28. Take Brody to the movie theater.
29. Bowling??
30. Make tie-dye shirts
31. Take evening strolls.
32. Take Brody outside after dark and check things out with flashlights.
33. Make a foot-painting mural! (I saw this on Real Housewives of NYC, lol. Inspiration comes from everywhere!)
34. Various summer crafts...maybe for rainy days or while Kris is sleeping/working.
35. Beer and faux cocktails for Daddy and Mommy outside around the firepit after bedtime.
36. Night swimming...get your minds out of the gutter!! ha, ha
37. Try some new barbeque/campfire/cookout recipes.
38. Visit a u-pick farm.
39. Visit the town farmers' market.
40. On a rainy day, make a tent/fort and have s'mores made in the microwave or from our s'more maker.
41. Play in the rain!
More may be added as I think of them, but I think we've got a good list here!
I also have a list of things that I need/want to get done for school. Hmm...when will I find time for those items?!?!
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
6 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH! So excited! Your list looks like so much fun and full of things I can't wait to do either. You probably already know this but your Imagination Station passes get you into the Museum of Science and Industry for free. One of the parents in my room was just telling me that it gets you into all kinds of places for free.
Post a Comment