Sunday, January 12, 2014

From the Mouths of Babes, Vol. 13

1. (Nov.) This year we decided to get little Christmas trees for each of the kids' bedrooms.  Brody got a green one, Emersyn got a pink one, and Jax and Jayce got a blue one.  There was much excitement over these trees, and they loved being able to pick out ornaments and decorate (mostly) all by themselves!  It was so cute.  When Emersyn was done she exclaimed, "Now my room is pinkalicious!"  Jax followed up with, "And…and…and...my room is blue-alicious!"

2. (Nov.) One thing you need to understand about Jaxson is…he is always talking, and he is always talking really quickly, stringing so many thoughts and ideas together that it's hard to keep up, ha ha!  One of the decorations for the kids' trees was real candy canes (not my idea).  The first nap time after putting the trees up, Jax took an awfully long time to fall asleep.  On the way to my mom's later he confessed, "I ate a candy cane during nap time and it was sooo soo good it tasted like blueberry and I reeealllly wanted another one but I said to myself I should probably wait til Christmas."

3. (Dec.) While picking up toys before bath/bedtime, Jax stopped to ask a very important question:  "Does anyone want a booger from my nose??"

4. (Dec.) Jax was complaining that his bottom was hurting and said, "Oww…my butt really hurts…I need some 'mic mac motion' to make it feel better.  That's what makes butts feel better."  Huh??  Never heard of this product before!!

5. (Dec.) "Mommy, when it's Christmas, alls I want is a mommy and a daddy who will listen." -Jax

6. (Dec.)  A bedtime conversation with my big 2-year-old…

Me: I'll see you in the morning…good night, baby.
Jayce: Don't call me baby!
Me: Don't call you baby?!  You're not a baby??
Jayce: No.
Me: What are you then?
Jayce: Big boy!

7. (Dec.)  Jax, between bites at the dinner table says, "I love you, Jayce."  Without skipping a beat Jayce replies, "I love you more!"

8. (Dec.) After watching a commercial for Planters Jayce asks us, "Do peanuts have butts?" Inquiring minds want to know!

9. (Dec.)  I walked in to check on Jax going to the bathroom.  He was naked from the waist down and crouched down so that his bottom could feel the air coming out of the vent.  When I asked what he was doing, he told me that doing this "makes butts smell better."  Hahaha.  Never a dull moment.  Never!

10. (Jan.)  I dropped a jug of buttermilk in the kitchen and was cleaning up the mess.  Jayce walked up, and I told him not to come in yet because I spilled the buttermilk and had to clean it up first.  He says, "Mommy, you spilled the milkerbutts?"  Hee hee!

1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

Oh Jaxson Thomas you are just hilarious!!!!!! I especially love the one where he wants a mommy and daddy who will listen. LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...