Saturday, January 4, 2014

Winter Break

Do you know how nice it was to not even think about school for a whole two weeks?!
To sit back, relax with a favorite coffee drink, catch up on Hallmark movies, cuddle with kiddos…play?
 photo 50791538-1a48-448f-a631-cb263a630e35_zps8590d1ae.jpg

Well, it was nice.  My brain needed the break...our family definitely needed the break.
 photo d28966e4-b5d8-474a-89c8-3401a4fe4f80_zps5ac0611d.jpg  photo 2be822bf-3a0e-47f5-9896-cbb51d15a2cf_zpsa2821d27.jpg  photo 82fa0f2c-7110-4bc7-b7ee-4793d738f384_zpsf449b77e.jpg

While the days leading up to Christmas were spent making final preparations for the big day, after Christmas was then our time to chill and play with new things.  Brody spent a lot of time in his new sleeping bag, even refusing to sleep in his bed at night a couple of times!
 photo 7154f166-2ce8-4d3d-b218-c68254520f76_zpse966710a.jpg  photo edc50a23-5cfa-419f-836f-d07d904e5af3_zps28df77f6.jpg

We enjoyed a movie night with friends...
 photo fbd4a752-7bd2-4e29-ab0a-170706db82e1_zpsf06ebfa2.jpg  photo 93813d07-2e2f-493f-9801-f639be0fa934_zps92b08cee.jpg

We went to the Lights After Christmas at the zoo.  It was packed, and I kind of wish we'd have chosen a different activity to do that night…wasn't worth it in my opinion.
 photo ba46c6fe-9091-4a3e-9ec5-54da75266920_zpsb60ffbf1.jpg  photo b2284b4b-585c-41e9-8665-335565c387b9_zpsb30aeade.jpg  photo 7ae0f4b8-1be0-4d47-b460-4fba812a6b5e_zps7100dea1.jpg  photo 9c65c06a-02fc-411c-ab90-5a92db2f18f1_zps6b5e58c0.jpg  photo 01bea776-0cc5-4d17-baa8-55c6755e91dd_zpsd92ae2d4.jpg  photo c44af094-ec2c-46c3-b522-68257bfec519_zps6b309e1c.jpg

Lite Brite takes some major focus...
 photo cf201e5d-9abe-4ebf-9449-7827a7878ddc_zps151c5512.jpg  photo a2b9d8ec-641a-494b-82a8-ab2e207fa9d5_zps847d11cd.jpg

Two movies that were in heavy rotation: Despicable Me 2 (from Santa) and Tangled, which we've had for awhile but maybe only watched once or twice.  I love both movies!
 photo d3ad669a-e528-48a5-bc6c-79acaeb892e1_zps702795a8.jpg  photo 8983e2da-0124-4a44-9ebe-fabd398e0e34_zpseee7dfc3.jpg

While shopping for new snowsuits for Emersyn and Jayce, I saw these cute snowman jammies for the twins!
 photo ddbb1a04-f2aa-4c36-a560-ad18a39206cd_zps2b2c0686.jpg  photo 2d338d26-38fc-4e68-a37a-823e708d5c47_zpsd163365a.jpg  photo 863ce5f8-b11d-4c4b-ac72-c3b8ae5ba2a2_zpse40a46a5.jpg

One day Jayce woke up early from napping, so I brought him out to the living room, tucked him into his new sleeping bag, and he was out in seconds!
 photo 851f23fb-e44b-440f-8b3b-2d53de9f73df_zps6f7434d7.jpg

Now…I'm beginning to get mentally prepared for the return to real life. :)  I have majorly been putting off some grading, and I have tons of planning to do.  However, it sounds like our break may just be extended a bit!  More snow and frigid temps coming our way!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I especially love the couch and picnic on the blanket pic of all the kids (what a fun group!), Brody in the sleeping bag, and Emersyn and Jax in matching PJs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...