Saturday, February 5, 2011

TGIF Quotables #7

"You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present."
Jan Glidewell

Ohhhh, I think this one was just for me. :)
Because I have this weird thing where I get all sappy and sadly sentimental when I look at old pictures.
Saying things like, "Awww, look at how little they were!" or "Can you believe that stage is over??"
But then I feel like an idiot for even thinking that way because I miss out on everything
that's happening presently. And isn't that what life's all about?? To live for the present and make
every single moment count? Even the yucky days that are long and hard??

So, on days when I have a hard time remembering to "embrace the present" instead of thinking
about all the time that has gone by...I think of this quote. And I cherish all the fun and all the craziness of our lives.
Now.

Like trying and bribing to just get one group shot...
Photobucket

2/4/2011

2/4/2011

2/4/2011

and finally getting a decent one.
2/4/2011

...and we're out.
2/4/2011

1 comment:

Kendra said...

HA! Love the bribing. They sure are good negotiators! While it may be difficult getting all three of them to pose, you capture some precious moments trying!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...