We are so pleased to report that Brody was discharged from speech therapy in May. Hooray! His therapist said she will always refer to us when explaining the importance of following up and continuing the hard work at home. She believes Brody had a very mild case of apraxia, but since we intervened early he was able to improve quickly.
Throughout the summer, Brody will continue attending his early intervention class one morning a week. It's looking like we will be holding off on preschool until next school year (or possibly January) due to his late September birthday.
Here he is posing next to a few recent school projects...
A fun, new game he likes to play with his little brother: He starts at one end of the kitchen and crawls as fast as he can, stopping right in front of Jaxson. I mean, eye-to-eye, nose-to-nose. Jax laughs and giggles! It is awesome!!
Finally, I like to call this picture "No Babies Allowed!"
Brody has recently figured out how to block the babies from invading his territory, LOL. I think it's genius, but I won't burst his bubble and let him know that, unfortunately for him, this isn't going to be effective for long!
He continues to be a very sweet and loving big brother. He actually has helped me out quite a few times by tending to Emmy and cheering her up while I am busy doing something else. He'll get down to her level and talk to her or give her a book or toy, and she just adores him so much that she almost always cheers up.
He's turning into such a little man!

No comments:
Post a Comment