Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

We had a fun, lazy weekend at home with a bit of socializing squeezed in.

Let's see...Saturday morning started off with bagels and lattes from Panera, along with tons of fresh fruit. Yum! All five of us went for a morning stroll and played outside for awhile. We had quick visits from Ya Ya and Aunt Tiffany, followed by lunch and naps.

My sister and Tae came over for some swimming in the afternoon. Emersyn woke up early from her nap, so she got to have some special time with just Mommy, Aunt Tracy, and Tae.






Maeteo soakin' up some sunshine. As a sidenote, Brody has until recently always called Maeteo, Tae. Now sometimes he says, "Tay-o." Isn't that sweet??




Hello, cousin!


Shortly after, Jaxson was up!



Brody was able to get a quick swim in as well, and then we got ready to head to a cookout with my new team of teachers for next year. I am making the big jump from 2nd to 3rd grade. :)

Sunday was Father's Day! I made Kris a card from the kiddos at Snapfish using some of my favorite pictures of him. I love how it turned out. By the way, each child is in exactly 4 pictures. How's that for fairness?! Ha ha.




As a treat after dinner, I had made these adorable brownie cupcakes from Family Fun. Seriously, who comes up with this stuff?? Love it!


Brody got some swimming time with Daddy. I think we need a diving board since he loves jumping in so much.



Cute!


We took a quick trip to the park after naps. Brody kept calling this car, "McQueen," for Lightning McQueen (Cars movie), and pointing out where his eyes and mouth were supposed to be.



I remember him needing a bit of help and encouragement the first time he went up this rock wall last spring. Now he zooms right up...


Monkey bars practice...




Daddy and kids...




OMG. So sorry, Emmy.




Taking a rest...


The evening ended with a much-needed haircut for Brodster. You can see the effects of a darned runny nose there above his upper lip.


When I asked for a smile, this was all he could muster.

Hope everyone had a great weekend too! I am thankful for having a wonderful father myself, and I am especially grateful my children have such a loving Daddy. :)

2 comments:

tnbink said...

yep, that solves it...we have the cutest kids EVER :)

Anonymous said...

1) I LOVE, LOVE Emme's suit! She is getting to be quite the beautiful (& grown up) little lady. Oh, and you look awesome too!
2) Love the cheese faces on Kris and Brody in the pool.
3) That's so nice that you got to have a cook out with your new team. I know Casey's going to miss you TONS!
4) Very cute Father's Day card. Great idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...