Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Run For My Money

These cute babies sure do look adorable posing for pictures...







...but they actually hardly ever stay put! They have been on the move for quite some time now, but I think in the last few weeks they've really been schoolin' me on what life will be like with two one-year-old walkers!! I'm not even going to worry anymore about not getting much exercise in. I chase after them and pick them up all day long. :)

I think "Bulldozer" should be Jaxson's new nickname. He crawls over anything, anyone, anytime. Nothing fazes him. This picture below is such a cute moment! He then proceeded to crawl over Emersyn.


Emersyn doing the same a few days later...


Okay, on to pulling up. Jaxson has been doing this for over a month, and I finally figured out he's fine and won't fall while I snap a few pictures.


Until a couple weeks ago, Emmy really has had no interest in standing or trying to pull up. The peer pressure must be gettin' to her.



She only gets up to her knees. She does this weird thing when we try to stand her up. She'll lock her knees and bend at the waist a little. It concerns me a little, and if it doesn't improve I'll be asking her orthopedic doc about it.

Ohhhhh, Jaxson Thomas!!!!! This boy is the world's quickest army crawler. For real. He has bruises all around his elbows because he moves his little arms so hard and fast on the wood floor. He has a new love: playing in/dumping over the dog's water bowl. (There's only been a few pieces of dog food that had to be fished out of his mouth. He seems to think it's tasty, FYI.)

Splashing in the water! This picture also illustrates how Emmy will crawl after Jax just to see what he's up to.


Attempting to crawl into the vibrating chair...


Here I was standing at the sink doing some dishes and was rudely interrupted by two little stinkers who were pulling and scratching at my legs, as well as tickling my toes!


They also love to wiggle themselves into the tightest spots! Emmy likes this particular spot because she can feel the cool air coming out of the vent.


"I just need a break from those boys, Mommy."


As you can imagine, pretty much any task that I try to get accomplished while the babies are up and exploring takes double the amount of time it should! I have to stop several times to keep those cuties out of trouble. Brody was walking before his first birthday, and I must say...I'm definitely in NO HURRY for the twins to reach this milestone. :)




1 comment:

Casey Rethman said...

I LOVE the pic of Emmy "taking a break from the boys". She is so ridiculously cute.

Although, chasing after two is hard I really would prefer the girls start walking because this in between stage where they fall all the time is scarier for me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...