Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thankful For Where We're At

And it's over.
Just like that.

Thanksgiving is a memory, and on its way out it took with it the sights and smells synonymous with fall. Pumpkins. Apple this and that. Crunchy, falling leaves. Shades of orange and brown. Turkey. Stuffing. Spectators, belts loosened a notch (or two), plopped in front of a football game.
Photobucket
Photobucket
And just as quickly as one season is ushered out, another, which has ever-so-slowly been gaining momentum since Halloween, unleashes itself in all its fury and wonderment. Like it had been building up steam for weeks on end, and finally...finally, it's been given permission to break loose.

It's Sunday. I've had five days in a row to be with my family, and I had been counting down the days to this little break since, oh, the first day of school possibly?? I just wanted to soak it all in, drink up their preciousness, eat up all those little quirks that make them the people who have filled my heart with such thankfulness.

I'm sure thankful to catch moments like these...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Thanksgiving 2010
Thanksgiving 2010

I'm with the band...Photobucket
Photobucket
Thanksgiving 2010

I take no credit for the cute decor...my sister and my mom were hostesses-with-the-mostest on different days.
Thanksgiving 2010

A hug gone awry...she was fine!Thanksgiving 2010

And I just love this shot. We spent more time preparing their plates and bouncing up and down for one thing after another than we did sitting and enjoying our own meals, but this is Thanksgiving with little ones. I wouldn't have it any other way...
Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010
Photobucket
Thanksgiving 2010
Photobucket
Thanksgiving 2010
Photobucket
And while I could rattle off a list of things I'm thankful for, today I'm not going to do that. Because it just seems more appropriate to simply say that I am thankful...not for where we've been or for what's to come, but for where we are right now. It's an overwhelmingly beautiful place. So beautiful that I often think about how cool it would be if I could freeze time and stay here forever. We've got each other, we've got our health, and we've got love surrounding us from many people.

Yes, we are in quite the thankful place. And I think I'll stay awhile. :)

Some fun events are in the works over the next few weeks. I cannot wait to share with you!

3 comments:

tnbink said...

I hope you realize that when we say the word "thankful" we are talking about you too! love it

Casey Rethman said...

Very well put, Kel! Love this!

Grandma Sharon said...

You are awesome Kel, and Tracy is right......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...