My 14-month-old twins. Don't they look very similar in this first pic??
Emersyn Elizabeth - 14 months old!
Emmy, Emmy, Emmy. Welp, today she lay on the floor kicking and screaming for about 15 minutes. I had already racked my brain to figure out the cause...hungry, thirsty, dirty diaper, nukkie, blankie, too cold, too hot?? So I just put her down and walked away since I had no idea what else to do. Arrrggghhhh!Yes, she's really frustrating at times. But she also has the sweetest smiles and the sweetest giggles that would make anyone melt. She loves and craves attention from people--even those whom she has just met! I have said before that she is very observant and thoughtful. While her twin brother gets into and explores everything in an instant, Emmy prefers to sit back and watch first. I love to see how different the two of them are (well, all three of ours actually). They each have their very own distinct personality!
Emmy likes baths in the big tub a little more now. She still really loves to eat cheese and all types of fruit. Many times she will look at us and drop handfuls of her veggies and/or main dish on the floor...stinker!! Most days, she hates having her diaper or clothes changed. I hope I'm not painting a picture of a difficult child here, because there's also a great many things that she loves and that make her happy! She loves books, she loves music, she loves to dance, she loves to be chased. She loves when people talk to her or play with her. She's not typically much of a snuggler, but there are days when she can be. I don't think we will ever have to wonder how she is feeling or what is bothering her in the future. She will let us know! Hopefully in the next monthly update I'll report that she is walking...she's close!
Jaxson Thomas - 14 months old!

He's crazy. He's hyper! He's cute. He's a lover. He is walking about 5 or so steps independently, but he would rather get around on his hands and knees at this point. We are having a little issue with him being too rough with Emmy sometimes...pulling at her, smacking at her head...and he also smacks us in the face and laughs. The only reason I can think of for him doing this is because he loves giving high-fives, and then he yells and laughs hysterically. Normally when he smacks us in the face, we put him back on the floor, and he gets very upset. He'll learn!
Jax is a little piggy! You would never believe it by looking at him, but I swear he can eat more than I can at any given meal. I think he has inherited his daddy's metabolism. :) He just loves food. Like Emmy, he loves any type of fruit--especially avocado--but usually always devours the main course. He loves his big-boy baths, and actually has pitched a huge fit a couple times when the big tub was in use and we've had to give him his bath in the infant tub!
You know what I adore the most about this kid?? His hugs. And snuggles. The way he climbs up the front of me with his feet, so that we are eye-to-eye, and wraps his short little arms around my neck so tightly that it's nearly impossible to pry him off. I love that he can go from my wild and crazy boy...to my sweet, affectionate child in an instant!
See ya next month!




1 comment:
Soooooo cute.....and I won't tell that I saw your Christmas pics! LOL
Post a Comment