Friday, November 5, 2010

Trick or Treat!



Back to that in a moment. But first...

Halloween morning...warm sunshine floating through the tree branches, casting shadows throughout our front-lawn-turned-graveyard. One happy boy bounding through every pile of leaves, which were magically swirled and seemingly strategically placed in perfect places by the wind...so that once the excitement wore off from one pile, there was another beckoning him on. And on and on...

He's come to expect a trip outside every morning, you know. While the babies take their morning naps, it's his time. It's Brody-time.
And he loves it. And I love that he loves it.


Moving on...
After lunch in the afternoon, the kiddos received Halloween goodie bags from Mommy and Daddy. 99 cents from Michael's. Perfect!








Obnoxiously cute hair bow, right? :)


We've read these books about a million times already...








Spooky cuties!




Then just before trick-or-treating, we sent Brody on a "spider hunt." After some initial apprehension about touching them, he walked around and found all 10 spiders.


He had to place each one on a spider web and then count before returning to search for more.




He got an extra-special Halloween toy as a prize. It lights up and spins when he pushes the button, and it's super cool in the dark.


Our trick-or-treat crew: Pumpkin A, Dino, Pumpkin B, Yoda, Lion.


Caiden and Maeteo


Brody had so much fun trick-or-treating! We made it down our street and around the block, which took about an hour. He also remembered to say "thank you" at each house. Kris did not want to miss out on anything, so he was able to take a few vacation hours off work.


The babies were pretty happy until the very end, when I think they were just too chilly, so I ran home with them ahead of everyone else.





Brody is already talking about wanting to be a pirate next year! I think that would be so cute, and I have a fun idea in mind for the babies, but well...I'm not spilling! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I LOVE the new blog heading! And I also love Jax's hair... I know you were talking about that before - you can't cut it - it's so cute! :)

P.S. - It was fun to see you and your fam tonight at Casey's. Maybe we could organize another playdate?

Casey Rethman said...

You have the cutest family in the world! Love this post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...