Alright. Clearly I am very bad at recording and keeping track of little man's funny sayings, as evidenced by the fact that this is Edition 2...and Edition 1 was...seven months ago!! I always think, "Oh I gotta write that one down!" Three hours later...hmm, what was that he said again??
Ah, well. Still got some cuteness to share:
1. (June) Sometimes Brody is too rough with our dog, Lucca. We've been talking about how to treat her, and I told Brody that if you're mean to a dog, it might bite you. One evening I was giving Brody a bath, and out of the blue he said, "Be nice to Lucca or she might bite you." I said, "That's right, we need to be nice to dogs or else they may bite." Then he rationalized, "Be nice to Mommy...might bite you." LOL, okay. Swear I've never done this!
2. (July) Finding it funny recently to "toot," Brody lets one rip this day. He excitedly claims, "Oh! Me farted!" He lets yet another go and says, "Oh, me farted AGAIN!! Hee hee hee hee!" We ask him if he needs to go potty. He replies, "No, thank you." Polite lil' stinker, huh?
3. (July) Brody is standing at the back door because Lucca has just been let outside. Next thing you know, we are receiving play-by-play commentary from the Brodster: "Lucca has to go outside to POOP! Lucca's pooping now!! Lucca all done pooping!"
4. (July) We're on our way to a party. I had to undo my seatbelt at one point to turn around and tend to Emersyn. The moment I turn back around, I hear, adamently, "Put seatbelt back on, Mommy!" coming from the back of the van.
5. (July) Somehow, Brody refers to his little boy part as his "little guy." Brody and Kris were swimming together and having a great time outside. Kris was throwing Brody up in the air, catching him, and then they would laugh and laugh. At one point Brody stopped laughing, grew very intrigued and stated, "Daddy has a little guy in his throat!!" LOL, he was referring to the uvula that hangs in the back of the throat!
6. (Aug.) While I was busy cleaning the kitchen up after dinner, I hadn't even noticed that Brody had emptied each and every stinkin' toy out of the toy box. You have to be able to picture this one...my attractive self, complete with dried baby food smeared all over my shirt, in a mad rush to get a few things picked up before bathtime, hands positioned on hips..."Brody!! Why did you do that? Who is going to clean up all these toys?!?!" Brody, standing in his sea of toys, eyes wide open, slooooowly shrugs those little shoulders of his and replies, "Somebody."
7. (Aug.) When we are helping Brody get undressed for bath or jammie time, sometimes he will just take off naked running and giggling around the house. This particular night he was laughing extra hard and told us, "My little guy's bouncing!!" Hahahahaha.
8. (Oct.) Brody is running around the house with a slinky wrapped around his waist. He's pretending it is his duty belt ("like Daddy's") and says that he is on his way to work. I say, "Okay, have a good night at work. I love you!" Brody replies, "Love you too, honey!"
9. (Oct.) On nights that Kris is off, he gets Brody bathed and/or jammied, gets his teeth brushed, and then they read a book or two together while I am getting the twins to bed. Then I come in to read with Brody as well. This night, I walked in just as Kris was finishing up and giving hugs and kisses. He said, "I love you, little buddy." Brody replied, "I love YOU, little daddy." Aww!
10. (Oct.) Kris and Papa Dan took all three kids to the doctor. Brody was getting his 3-year wellness check, and the babies had to receive their second dose of the flu shot. Dr. Jacob (who is not our 'usual' doctor) asks Brody, "Is that your little brother and sister? What are their names?" Brody says, "Emmy-Pooh and Jaxy-Pooh!"
11. (Oct.) I was in our bathroom getting ready to go to school, applying eyeshadow when Brody stepped in the doorway. He said to Kris, "Mommy's painting herself."
12. (Oct.) Brody kept calling his mashed potatoes, "tay-do smash," even after multiple corrections. Cute!
13. (Oct.) Brody was eating at the table and playing with his food (annoying!). He was arranging his strawberries on a slice of pancake. I asked what he was doing, and he replied, "Making a berry special treat." I said, "You mean a VERY special treat??" He corrected me, "No, I mean a BERRY special treat!" :)

1 comment:
Ok so #s 5, 6 and 7 I was dying laughing!!!!!!
#9 Melts my heart!
Love this whole post!
Post a Comment