I'm jumpin' on the bandwagon here...some fellow bloggin' friends keep a notebook of funny/cute things their children say and then publish them on their blogs. (Ashley has a son named Will, so his cute comments are called "Will-isms," and Amy has a son named Logan and refers to his funnies as "Loganese." Aren't you so totally impressed with my original title...bah hahahahaha!!!) I would probably lose a notebook, so I just keep adding to a Word document on my laptop.
Anyways, you may not understand how thrilled I am that I can even do this now. I truly once thought--not all that long ago, I might add--that I would never get to laugh at anything silly Brody said. I just wanted to hear him say simple things like up or eat, and now he cracks me up so often! I can't wait until his speech gets more complex, AND I can't wait to be able to add funny sayings from the twins some day.
Here we go with the inaugural edition:
1. (Feb.) Kris is watching Brody through the observation window at school during snacktime. The teacher hands Brody an animal cracker. He bites the head off and exclaims, "Owwwwwwwwww!!!"
2. (Feb.) Brody was sitting at the table pointing towards the play-doh. He kept saying, "Poop dough, poop dough!" We asked if he wanted to play with the play-doh. He kept insisting on the "poop dough." He was referring to the ziploc baggie of used-to-be-colorful-but-now-looks-like-poop play-doh. We usually keep the ugly play-doh for a few more uses so I don't feel SO wasteful throwing it away. So when your play-doh turns this lovely brown color, remember...it's now called "poop dough." :)
3. (Mar.) Brody had a really bad cold. (He sleeps horribly and wakes often when he is feeling yucky.) This night, Kris was working. It was about 2 or 3 in the morning, and I was awakened by the cutest, most pitiful voice saying, "Mama....tissue, peez (please). Tissue, peez. Peeeeeez!" Poor thing even has manners when he's feeling miserable.
4. (Mar.) Sometimes when Emersyn is being crabby and crying for no apparent reason, I say in an exasperated voice, "Em-ME! It's o-kay!!" This month Brody started saying, "Em-MEEEE!" whenever he hears her crying.
5. (Mar.) Brody is sitting on Kris's lap in the waiting room before his speech session. He says, "Blue cock," and looks at Kris. Kris asked him to repeat, and again Brody says, "Blue cock." Kris is embarrassed as the other people in the room are now looking at them. Kris clearly says, "No, Brody...there isn't a blue CLLLLLLLOCK in here." Then Brody starts saying, "White cock, white cock." Kris: "No, there isn't a white CLLLLLOCK either."
6. (Mar.) Brody clearly loves his speech therapist and talks about going to see her often. Usually at night we talk about what is going on the next day, i.e. speech, school, a visitor, etc. Before bed this night we tell him that he is going to see Deb in the morning. ALL NIGHT LONG this is what happened: Brody would lie in bed for awhile, then get up and stand by his gate and say, "Nap all done...go see Deb!" He even woke up a couple times in the early morning hours and said the same thing.
7. (Apr.) Brody was in bed about 9pm. I was putting clothes away in our bedroom. He sneezed and said, "Bless me!" He then proceeded to have a mini-conversation with himself: "Bless you? Bless me! Bless you? Bless ME!"
8. (Apr.) Easter Sunday Mass...Brody turns around and says hello to the people sitting behind us. We tell him to face the front and sit, which he does. He must've really wanted to tell them one last thing because he turned around, waved and said hi again, and then pointed to Emmy (in my arms) and told them, "Emmy cuuuuuute!" A man behind us replied, "Yes, she's very cute." LOL!
9. (Apr.) Brody wakes up at like 6:30 this morning. The babies were still in their cribs, so I went and lay down in Brody's bed, hoping he'd join me and fall back asleep. He starts dancing on the floor, and I say, "Are you shakin' your little booty?" He replies, "No! Shake poop, shaaaaake poop!" and then shakes his groove thang some more. He obviously had pooed. Ewwwwwwww. No going back to sleep, I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so happy for you, that you get to make this post! Brody has sure accomplished alot in a small amount of time. I absolutely love the tissue, peez!!! Oh and the cock.....LMAO!
YAY for being able to post this!
Don't feel bad about not keeping a notebook. That's my eventual plan - to put it all in a notebook - but I keep mine saved as a future post and then publish when I have a pretty good list going.
So cute - thanks for sharing! The "Bless you? Bless me" is my fave. That is so sweet.
Post a Comment