Friday, April 9, 2010

Trip to Imagination Station

This morning we took a trip to Imagination Station. The last time I was there (when it was named COSI) I was doing a project for a college methods class. I had completely forgotten about most of the exhibits.

As we were paying for our tickets (kids 2 and under are free), we noticed that a yearly membership wasn't that bad a deal. The lady behind the desk said that after our visit we could come back, and if we decided we'd like a membership, then today's admission could be applied toward the yearly pass. So, we went ahead and did it on our way out since basically just two more visits between now and next April will even us out. I have a suspicion we'll be back at least two more times!

We arrived just as they were opening at 10:00. Many schools are on spring break this week, so I wanted to get there early and beat the crowds.







We spent the majority of our time in the upper level children's area. There is just so much to do! Brody really enjoyed flashing the lights as he was sitting in this ambulance.



Up in a little treehouse with Daddy...


The water area is pretty fun, and there's even a cute water table for babies. They really should be in swimsuits though, so I'd like to do that on our next visit.



My brother, Matt, will appreciate these next two photos. Brody always says, "Uncle Matt!" when he sees a fire truck.




Grocery shopping...


Isn't this adorable??




There's a little area for babies too, and even though I had to fight a very strong urge to sanitize every little thing, I let Emersyn and Jaxson play and stretch out!

"Sissy, I see you!"
















I feel like I need to send a big "thanks" to this place for providing a nursing room (and a mighty comfy one at that). I can't tell you how many trips are organized around the twins' feeding schedules OR how many times we've left places before we're ready simply because I don't feel comfortable nursing in public. Here, I was able to feed both my babies and not feel rushed, and more importantly, Brody could continue playing.


Some nice lady took a family pic!


We checked out a couple areas downstairs before we left.






I can't remember what this guy's name is, but Brody thought he was pretty special and even asked later if we could go back to "doggie's house," ha ha!

Hugs!!!

So, that was our first family trip to Imagination Station! There will be plenty more, I'm sure.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...