Friday, April 16, 2010

Zooin' It

We had a fun trip to the zoo today! The weather must have scared everyone away...I've never seen the place so dead! It actually wasn't that bad out. Slightly overcast for much of the morning, and by the time we called it quits there was a very light rain. I didn't mind--it actually felt good.

Yesterday we talked a lot with Brody about where we were going, and we looked at pictures from previous trips to the zoo. Last night around 9:45, he was still up rustling around in his bed. (It takes awhile some nights for him to fall asleep.) So I went in to lie down next to him for a little bit, and he proceeded to tell me about all the different kinds of animals he was going to give hugs to. He was too excited to sleep!

We were only there for about two hours, but we were able to pack a lot into that timeframe due to the unusually light crowd. Since we have a membership I didn't feel like we had to rush all around and "see everything" to get our money's worth. Kris and I were very relaxed, the kids were happy as could be, and we'll be back for more--soon!

Walking across the bridge, we stopped so Brody could watch the cars driving below him.

Hippos and ducks...


The new elephant exhibit isn't quite ready. The area was tarped off, but Brody was able to sneak a peek (with a boost from Daddy) at one of the elephants that was outside playing.


Then we got to see two elephants getting bathed. This was so cool! The zoo worker would give commands like "lift back right," and the elephants would lift that leg to get washed. I was so excited for Brody to be able to see elephants this close.




Yep, he had to wear THE famous elephant shirt today, ha ha!




Love this one!


We were having a stroller dilemma before we came...babies in the double stroller, Brody in the jogging stroller OR one baby and Brody in the double, one baby in the Snugli. In the end we decided one stroller would be easier to handle and keep track of. Jax rode with Mommy and was very happy to do so!


Whoa, Kris!


The gorillas are always entertaining!


LOL...

Brody grabbed this big guy's hand and said, "Nice meet you." (Nice to meet you.)

I like this pic because you can see their reflections in the glass.


Little Nemo fish!


Through a tunnel in the Nature's Neighborhood area.


Emersyn and Jaxson stretchin' it out!


It looks like Jax has teeth in this pic, but he does not.  Must've been from the camera flash.


So cute!


I love this little beehive photo-op! Not the greatest pic of any of them, but we were only trying this once. :)


Checking out some ants...


An attempted picture in the tent...


On the way home...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the "Nice meet you" thing. :) Also love the honeycomb pic. I'm hoping to get there this weekend if the weather holds up. Memberships rock!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...