Holy cow...seven months old!
I promise that during this post I will NOT comment on how fast the time is flying by or how I can't believe they are seven months already. ;) Seriously, the countdown is on to their first birthday!!
The babies are doing great and are loads of fun. They both have their own distinct personalities, and actually all three of our kids are very different. This is a good thing--I like a little variety in my life! Probably the biggest change since their six-month update is that they now receive two solid meals a day, in addition to 5-6 nursings each day. (yep, they still eat really, really early in the morning.) So far they have had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, green beans, butternut squash, pears, bananas, avocado, carrots, and apples. I think they really liked avocado mashed with both banana and pear the best, and I would say that green beans is definitely not a fave at the moment.
Emersyn is close to what I would call an independent sitter. She does fine for small amounts of time but then falls to the side. She rolls all over the place and loves getting into and touching anything she can get her hands on. She is a squealer!! It is so funny because we squeal back and forth with her, and she absolutely loves it! I do not give her rice cereal anymore (as suggested by her doc), and I must say that I have noticed an improvement in her level of fussiness. And just to be sure that was it...I gave her some cereal one night for dinner, and she proceeded to have a horrible night of sleep--waking often and crying what sounded to me to be a painful cry. I think she is easily affected by different foods, so I am trying to keep a close eye on any behavior changes.
I don't think Jaxson is ever going to sit by himself!! I'm not sure why this development seems to be taking forever, but I know they'll get the hang of it soon. Half of his problem is that he is so excitable. I'll sit him up, and then he starts laughing, smiling, flapping his arms and legs, and flings himself back! Ahhhgggg!! He is a speedy roller and has also started army crawling. Both babies love to pull DVD's off the little shelf we have. Jax (more than Em) has been babbling like crazy! It's so fun to listen to all his cute sounds. I wish I could report that his (night) sleeping habits have improved, but they have not! Good thing he's so darn happy and full of smiles all day.
I'm not trying to confuse anyone again! I love these identical onesies, and the quote is perfect. (Sometimes when you pray for a miracle you get two.)
So funny...Kris was adjusting Jax here because he kept sliding down and laughing!
Emmy - 7 months today!
I am seeing more of myself (as a baby) in my sweet daughter. I think she is going to be a feisty little thing--which I don't believe is a bad thing! When she wants something, she wants it now. She definitely prefers me over anyone else and will get upset sometimes if someone else is holding her, but she still is not as bad about this as Brody was when he was a baby. I love her to death and her sweet smiles and giggles make me feel sooooooo good inside!!
Jax - 7 months today!
Jax is looking more and more like Brody every day. He has bad days here and there, but he is truly one of the happiest babies I've ever seen. He usually likes to be held by anyone and is full of smiles and giggles. There have been several times though when Emmy has started crying, and Jax looks around with a quivering bottom lip like, "Okay...something's wrong. What's going on??? I'm gonna cry too...waaaaaaaaaa!" I find that interesting! I am really crossing my fingers for no more ear infections. I love him like crazy too, and that smile can brighten anyone's day!
**By the way, I never reported on Emmy's orthopedic visit. The doctor said that actually both her hips click, but the x-rays look perfect. So we go back for a visit at the end of May for another x-ray to check that everything is still growing normally.

2 comments:
Hi Kelly! I'm going to copy your style and leave numbered points in my comment - haha!
1) I love that you say "at the moment" for the green beans. That's a smart mama! Offer many more times before you determine they truly "don't like it", which is okay too.
2) I think Jax is looking more and more like Brody too!
3) Those onesies are adorable.
4) That "I can't believe how time is flying" comment is always my first thought when I start a monthly post too. :)
Happy 7 Months, Emmy and Jax! I love to see them interacting in their pics together in the chair. I also love Jax's pose in the last picture by himself.
Post a Comment