Kids are so funny. When we play outside, sometimes I just like to step back and watch Brody. Typically he races right to something, plays or tinkers for a minute, and then starts looking for something else. When he find the something else the same process repeats. Again and again. It's like his mind is a-flutter with thoughts of, "Oh, I gotta do this...now I wanna do this...OH! I forgot about this!" I don't know if it's so much that he gets bored easily as it is that he just wants to do everything and make sure he fits it all in before his mean mommy makes him come back inside. Ha!
Occasionally he does settle on one activity or toy, and then that becomes the focus of his play. Yesterday he was interested in a watering can, so we filled it up and let him pour it out. Then this morning after dabbling in a little sidewalk art, soccer playing, and baseball, he spotted the can again. Good thing the babies took a long morning nap because we made countless trips to the hose to refill the can. I know...what a waste of water, huh?!
We don't actually have anything to water right now...no garden or flowers yet, so it's kind of funny to see the things he chose to hydrate, LOL.
Watering the solar light...
He really liked watering ONE spot, so I told him when he started to see the area "flood" he needed to move on to a new spot.
Here we were in the back filling up the can. (Hmm, was this fill-up #10? 15?? Ha, ha!) Call me lazy if you will, but I started making him do everything after the second or third trip back. He placed the hose in the can, turned the nozzle to the left, waited to fill, turned the nozzle to the right. He needed a little help turning the water off. He kept wanting to turn to the left, and he finally started to recognize that the water came out faster and the can overflowed when he did this.
Watering a tree!
Just a cute one!
This is adorable...yesterday and today he went into the garage to grab a Gatorade. Then he ran to his car saying, "Go work!" Then after he got in he would say, "Bye Mama!!" The reason this is so adorable is because Kris grabs a Gatorade from the garage just before heading out the door and getting into the cruiser for work. :)

2 comments:
I hate watering my plants in the summer so if Brody is for hire send him my way. I don't mind the ones that are near the hose but I hate filling the watering can for the plants on the opposite side. So it's right up his alley! LOL He's too cute. I can't wait until my girls want to start helping me.
He is just adorable, Kelly! I love the monitor pictures. And don't you love those Old Navy shorts? They're my fave!
Post a Comment